Chapter- 19 (Chase tag)

Ayanokouji's POV

The four participants from our class were, Koenji Rokusuke, Akito Miyake, Hirata Yousuke and myself. A solid line up or so to say, but the fact is that if Koenji takes it seriously then the rest of us won't need to move at all.

"Gentlemen, rejoice for you to have the chance to witness my physical prowess." Koenji left us and climbed into the arena.

His opponent was Ryuuen, at this point Ryuuen was confused. Out of nowhere Koenji had introduced a new variable in his equations.

Bang

The signal went off and both of them started moving, Ryuuen was the chaser and Koenji was the evader. At first Koenji didn't bother increasing the distance between them, evading Ryuuen in close distance.

However, even though Ryuuen's speed and strength might not be phenomenal, he showed splendid agility when in close distance. A product of experience.

Koenji, understanding the situation, distanced himself from Ryuuen and started running all around the arena. Naturally Ryuuen wasn't able to keep up with his pace and after nearly ten seconds he stopped.

A round lasts for 20 seconds, if the evader evades till the end then he remains while another person is eliminated, if the evader is caught then the chaser who caught him becomes the next evader and his opponent for the present round gets eliminated.

There were still ten seconds left but Ryuuen started walking slowly.

"Your class is in dust, what do you prove by showing yourself up now?" Ryuuen tried to probe Koenji for a reaction. Apparently he is ready to hunt the mastermind of Class D.

"................" Koenji slowly walked along with Ryuuen's pace, but he didn't mind answering him.

He just swiped his hair occasionally and waved towards the crowd.

Ding

The round ended on that note. Ryuuen turned around and started leaving.

"That was a very poor attempt, Dragon boy." On listening to Koenji Ryuuen stopped in his tracks and looked back from the corner of his eyes.

Ryuuen would've chased Koenji down like a mad dog if it wasn't the turn for the next competitor.

The next opponent was a basketball player from Class C, he was one of the students who fought against Sudou.

The round began and both of the individuals ran a full 20 seconds, the chaser seemed to be disturbed by the fact that Ryuuen had just been defeated by Koenji. The signal went off and Koenji emerged victorious again.

Koenji was putting up a good show, the spectators from the other classes had started getting excited now. This wasn't a Red team versus White team, naturally people went on with the winning team.

The last opponent that Class C offered was none other than Mio Ibuki.

Unlike the time she was racing against Horikita, now she seemed to be intimidated by the existence of Koenji who eliminated the rest of her team alone.

"You monkey stay in your place." The round began and Ibuki closed her distance. Even though intimidated, her eyes were full of bloodlust.

Koenji didn't bother moving and let her come close. Once she was close enough she launched a kick from the get go, but Koenji dodged it at the very last moment.

"Woah!"

"Hey! Is that allowed?"

The crowd was taken aback from the unsportsmanlike move by Ibuki. True, if the chaser hits the evader instead of tagging them then it will be the chaser that will be disqualified.