School

Trigger Warning: Rape, Abuse

-Blaine-

I don't know how I survived the next few days, with all that was being done to me. I didn't even know I had that much blood in me. They didn't give me any time to rest, they acted like they actually wanted to kill me. This life was all that I've known, and yet this week was the hardest to endure. The couple, or as known as my parents, used every item they could get on me.

They even brought in a plastic tub filled with water, tied up my hands,and held my head there till I lost consciousness, before slapping me awake and repeating the process.

Father's friends came over too. They used me till I cried for mercy, which they never granted. Everything hurt. But now that the 2 days were over, I had to go back to school.

They had to enroll me in school or the government would take me away. They didn't want their punching bag to be taken away, of course, so they tried to enroll me in the cheapest school possible, filled with delinquents and bullies.

The first few times I had "skipped school", not by choice, but because my parents didn't want to waste their free time on not beating me up, the school called my parents, and they became even more violent, acting as if it was my fault I played truant.

I didn't even have a real bag, my parents didn't bother to give me one, so I could only use the rags that used to be my smaller clothes, sew up the ends, and make a makeshift bag. My parents didn't even buy the school's materials for me, so I had to ask on the lady next door, who scrunched up her nose at me and threw me the textbooks her son used 11 years ago, earning me another gash on my forehead.

My parents spread these rumours about me to hide the fact that I was abused at home. They both held fairly high positions in society, my father working at a highly respected company and my mother going to church and praying every Sunday. So who would listen to this child, with no evidence at all? They'd think it was a prank.

Ever since I was born, I've lived through this pain. I don't even know why they hated me so much. I've never remembered a night where I didn't cry myself to sleep, if I ever slept at all. Why did this all have to happen to me? Why didn't I have a normal, loving family? Is that too much to ask for? I wanted to scream, but I know I'll get punished. I wanted to cry but I know I'll get punished again. My parents took alcohol and drugs and when I asked them why, they smiled and beat me up.

My body was littered with so many bruises and scars, I couldn't find somewhere that hadn't been hurt before. The only was I had to cope with the pain was to hide it with even more pain. The scars on my wrist explain it all.

I kept the shards of broken glass from 10 months ago, when my father smashed a beer bottle onto my head. I was unconscious for 2 days. I used those shards to keep me sane. I even liked to think that the shards were like me. Used and then broken. Over and over again.

That became my only saving grace, thinking that there were things in this world like me.

My school, Sarea High, was 45 minutes away by car, but I didn't have such a luxury. I wasn't allowed to. I decided to wake up 2 hours early to walk there, since I knew it'd agitate my wounds if I had to rush. After picking up my makeshift bag and fluffing up my old and dirty pillow (the only thing they let me sleep on), I stood up and almost fell down again. Days of being chained up had done its job well. It took me way too long to finally get out of the basement, and the worst thing happened. I bumped into Father.

After a severe beating that ended up in my finger getting dislocated, I finally dashed out of the house, and hobbled my way to Sarea High. I was late due to the beating. It took too long, and it didn't seem like Father cared. Just another reason to get angry and beat me up over.