Meeting

-Blaine-

On instinct, I woke up early to escape Father's wrath. As groggy as I was from the lack of sleep, I knew I couldn't take long. Silently packing my things, I threw on my hoodie, and headed up towards the basement door.

Both my parents were slumped on the sofa, naked and sweaty. I flinched when Father snored especially loudly, and stumbled out the door, almost tripping on the stairs. I made my way to the road where I usually walked to school, slowly limping towards my destination.

__________

I entered the school, and all of a sudden remembered Mr Rea's words. Shivering uncontrollably, I inched towards his office, dreading every second. Holding my breath, I knocked on the door. After I heard a "Come in", I felt my heart sink.

Just before I could enter, a hand pressed against the door, shutting it again. I was trapped. Turning around, alarmed, I only saw a well toned body in front of me, and I let out a small "eek" in shock.

The person bent down, and I looked at him in eye level, immediately taking notice of the red in his blue.

Of course, as always, Luka. I pressed myself against the headmaster's door, trying to distance myself away. Luka looked at me sadly, before straightening up and opening the door, one of his hands supporting me so I didn't fall in when I was leaning against the mahogany wood.

"Mr Rea. Blaine here has told me that you required his presence, but I have an emergency that I need him to help with. Would you be so kind as to let me take his time instead?" Luka recited smoothly.

Seated at his seat, Mr Rea looked at Luka blankly, before fixing his eyes on me, his stare turning into a glare almost immediately. I shrunk into myself, trying to escape his prying eyes. What was Luka thinking? The headmaster would never listen to him, a mere student. However, I was proven wrong really quickly.

Mr Rea forced out a smile. "Of course," he gritted out, between clenched teeth. "I don't have any need for his presence at the moment, so do feel free to borrow him." Luka smiled and nodded.

"Thank you headmaster, we shall be taking our leave now." Mr Rea nodded stiffly, trying to hide his pissed off expression. It didn't work though.

I was being directed away from the headmaster's office, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Tears sprang to my eyes, before I quickly wiped them away, but my sniffling sounds were still heard by Luka.

He quickly got me to my classroom. "If you need anything, tell me. Please." He said, almost desperately. I blankly nodded my head, and he left, not before shooting me a worried look. I noticed a little earpiece in his ear, half hidden by his red locks of hair. Weird. We had different classes, and I felt a pang in my heart. What?

I sat there bored at my seat, before taking out some papers to draw on. Taking out a dirty pencil, I started drawing whatever came to mind. Slowly, the class started filing in, but I was too lost in my drawing to notice.

Stroke after stroke after stroke, I blinked my eyes rapidly and looked at my drawing. My face turned crimson red immediately. I drew Luka...

Placing the papers back into my bag, I noticed half the class was already filled in. They shot the occasional glare at me, nothing too new though. Till someone walked in.

The buzz of the class turned silent, and one could hear the sound of a pin drop. Dylan walked in, without his lackeys. Weren't they always with him? Where were they now?

I shrunk myself, trying to hide in my table. However, when I looked up, Dylan was in front of me. My breath hitched, and I stumbled backwards, forgetting I was on a chair.