Promise

-Luka-

The hunt for a new CEO proved to be fruitless. For someone as distrustful as me, it was hard to find someone who could truly perform up to my expectations, despite the various accolades and accomplishments that each candidate had. To me, Claire was still the best choice.

"I seriously don't know why you're so fixed on me being the new boss, boss." She was currently mocking me while I had my head on the table, groaning at the candidate applications that I had to pore through personally. "I get that you don't think you're old enough, but what the hell? You built this vast network of resources, and practically permanently altered our country's economy, but you're not even 20. You literally have your whole life ahead of you."

"It's whatever. Prodigies exist everywhere. There was literal news of a 5-year old founding a new business, let alone me." I rolled my head to face her, cheek squished against the table. "My dear senior, why do you hate me?"

"Because you, my dear junior, love making my life harder than it should be!" She huffed in anger, taking out her phone. She looked at it for a while, took a deep breath, and placed it back into her pocket. "You should know of the repercussions that come with placing a Low Colour like me on the throne of your business, no? So why're you forcing it so much?"

She paused for a second, before continuing. "It's not like you haven't said it before, but you've been mentioning it more and more these days. It's...unlike you. And what's this about raising a bunny? A bunny with such sharp teeth that could leave tooth prints on your neck? Sorry boss, but did you build your business through sheer luck? Are you stupid? Why would you let a bunny bite you in the neck?"

She fiddled with her ponytail, her pale pink hair thick and fluffy. I yawned, before rolling my head to the other side again so that I wouldn't see her. "I didn't get a bunny. I got a boyfriend, a dog and a cat. No bunny."

I couldn't see her expression, but when a pen slammed menacingly down right in front of my face I immediately straightened up.

"Heh? Say that again, but louder." She snarled with a smile on her face. "I must be turning senile, because my fucking ears aren't working properly!"

I backed off as much as I could into my chair. "I got a lover, yes. I thought you'd figured it out from my daily outfits."

She reminded me of a brewing storm, as her eyes narrowed and she fumed like a volcano about to erupt. I could sense the magma of her anger threatening to burst through the surface as her smile cracked, and her face settled into one that spelled my impeding doom.

"Heh? That's why you've been pestering me to take on your stupid boss role for so long? Because you wanna retire, huh? And make me take over your slack, so you can enjoy your time with your little boyfie?"

"And before you misunderstand," she slammed her hand down on the table. "This isn't an attack on your gayness, or your lover. I'm a lesbian for fuck's sake. This is an attack on you trying to run away from your duties, you little shit-eating coward."

"I feel like you've been in a lot of contact with Blair." I cautiously said. Both these women had such colourful vocabulary it was scary. I was afraid for my life, now.

"Trust me, I have. Any last words before I stab a pen through your heart for flaunting your fucking love bite while the rest of us genuinely worried about you getting infected with tetanus?"

"Um...you're invited to the birthday party?"

__________

-Blaine-

I missed Luka, so, so much. He had become busier and busier, and I had to learn to fall asleep without him. The first night was torturous, but Matcha, Artemis and Orion were there.