Nightmare

-Luka-

After the incident at the mall, Blaine would wake up in the middle of the night with the most fearful screams. I wasn't someone who slept too deeply, so I'd always be jolted awake when I heard him cry.

Tonight, was another one of those nights.

"You're okay," I whispered into the hair of the shaking boy in my arms. "You're safe, my bunny.."

He continued to tremble and whimper in my embrace, gripping onto my hands tightly like his life depended on it.

I gently ran my fingers through his hair, and after a while, he finally started to calm down.

"Sorry.."

Why was he always apologising? I knew I wasn't supposed to be mad or annoyed at him, but his constant apologies made me rather irritated.

"Stop apologising, Blaine. You have nothing to apologise about." It wasn't his fault, any of this. He was such a strong, beautiful soul.

I heard him sniffle softly, and after a while, I realised he had fallen asleep. I sighed.

I really hoped that he was healing, but after that incident at the mall it felt as if we were back to square one. He was still as skittish as ever, but at least he had grown accustomed to skin-to-skin contact from me.

I gently traced his jawline as I settled him back on the bed. To be very frank, I was excited that he was coming to live with me. My house had always been me, and me alone unless anyone of my "family" members decided to drop by.

They stayed nights, sure, but in the end, they had their own place to go back to.

It was 5am.

I called up one of my interior designers. "Hello?"

"Ah, my favourite client!"

I laughed softly. "Of course. I have a challenge for you."

"Ooh, how hard can it be?"

"I need you to furnish a room in my house according to the colour white."

"..White? Peculiar choice, but y'all rich people have always been weird." I heard the man shuffle around. I was only comfortable with calling him because I knew he was eccentric and woke up at ungodly hours to work. He was almost always awake at 5.

"Cmon, I'm your client. Don't talk bad about me in front of me."

"You're not in front of me."

I scoffed. "I'll give you 3 days, enough?"

"Make it 1. I'll show you just how good of a fucking designer I am!" After a short pause, "And I presume you have.."

"Yes, I have the money. Same account, right?"

"My saviour, ma muse et la lumière de ma vie!" I heard him exclaim. I laughed, and said a few more words before ending the call.

"Try to furnish the room beside mine, or any that catch your fancy, just close by. Just don't plate the entire room in white gold or anything. If he likes the room, I'll pay double."

"Ooh, tu as trouvé un amant?"
"Ooh, you've found a lover?"

I blushed lightly. The warmth in my cheeks felt weird. "No. It's just someone important to me. I..I don't know if.."

"Don't worry, my friend! I'll make sure the room will make him fall in love with you!" With a final shout, he ended the call. I frowned. Did I want Blaine to mean more to me..than just a friend?