Ring

-Blaine-

I couldn't stop staring at the ring on my finger. It was a beautiful diamond.

After he put the ring on my finger, I got to put his ring on his finger, too. I held my breath as I carefully slipped it on, feeling as if it was a sacred ritual that I was performing.

Turns out, every time he played with my hands, he was figuring out my ring size too.

Luka kissed my cheek once more. "You like it so much?"

"I don't think "like" can summarise all my feelings for this." I laughed. "I love it. It's beautiful. Where'd you get it from?"

"Ah...I'm not sure if you know the brand? They're luxury, but they don't really advertise themselves. But either way, their products are crazy expensive, but beautiful."

It was as if the weight of the ring on my finger doubled, and I smiled hesitantly. "Am I really worth it?"

"Yes. No doubt about that. If you're afraid of damaging it, how about you only wear it to important occasions? Like, you don't need to wear it to school, right?"

"Mm, no, I don't." I leaned back into his arms. "I just can't believe...that this would ever be for me."

"You deserve to be happy, Blaine. More than anyone else." He tilted my head, and gave me a passionate kiss.

I still felt emotional from just now, when he showed me the ring. I blinked away a few remaining tears, and rubbed my head against his chest. "Thank you. Thank you..."

He simply held me as I sniffled. I could feel the slightly tight feeling on my arm, from the bandaid, and the fabric of the socks he put on for me against my toes. My whole being emanated his warmth and his care, and I couldn't help but feel incredibly loved.

I hated the fact that I had a panic attack that afternoon. I ruined Luka's plans for me, and probably disturbed everyone in his family.

I made a mental note to text everyone and apologise later.

I thought for a while. If things had progressed as Luka had planned, then...

Then after my birthday party...

Luka and I would have...

I blushed. I was 18.

"Luka...we..."

"Hm?"

I hesitated for a while, and he brushed at my cheek. "What's wrong? Take your time."

"You...you know I'm 18 now, right?"

"Yeah...I do." He immediately caught on. "Blaine, we shouldn't. We really shouldn't."

"But I want to..." I was weirdly emotional, and I took this as rejection. "Why?"

"Love, I don't want to hurt you. You might get another panic attack, and hurt yourself." I knew he made sense, but I wanted to be needy today.

"No. It's my birthday today. You don't get to say no to me." I stated, sulking. Luka immediately kissed my cheeks, interlocking his hand with mine. "Precious, don't say that..."

"Then what do you want me to say?" I huffed, sounding more petulant than angry. I wasn't really angry, I just wanted him to agree.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, sweetheart. That's my fault." He coaxed me hurriedly, pressing kisses onto my jaw and neck. I tilted my neck, silently telling him to continue his kisses. He trailed down, before stopping.

"Baby," He sighed against the crook of my neck. "I want you, too. Promise me," He held out his pinky for me to hook. "That you'll tell me when to stop."