Fiasco

-Luka-

"A-ah..um.. I'm...not supposed to be on the bed s-" the boy started out, before having a coughing fit. I was stunned, before crossing the room in large strides, quickly grabbing a bottle of water from the mini fridge in my bedroom and handing it to him. The hell? Not supposed to be on the bed?

He looked at the bottled water in shock, still coughing violently. I was bewildered, before grabbing the bottle from him, and opening it, the bowl of porridge hastily put on the side table. Handing back the opened water to him, I watched as he spilled some on his body, and some on the floor, from his coughing. His eyes widened in horror.

"I'm-i'm sorry! I'll clean it u-" he barely got those few words out before descending into a coughing fit again. By this point, I was on one knee in front of him. I grabbed the bottle from him, used one hand to tilt his head back, and used the other hand to pour the water into his mouth. He spluttered a little bit, before drinking down the water. Wow. What a fiasco.

After I repeated the drinking motion a few times, the boy turned his head away.

"I-i'm fine now. T-thank you for the water." The boy's voice was beautiful, just like him.

"What's your name?" I finally asked.

"Ah? Oh..! Um, i-its Blaine. Blaine Carter." He spluttered out. I chuckled softly at how cute he was.

"Blaine. What a pretty name." I mused mostly to myself, but Blaine heard it. His cheeks and ears reddened.

Wait, Carter? That sounds familiar. It was the same surname as one of my employees I wanted to fire. He looked like a sour old man and I just found out he's been embezzling money since last week so I plan to sue him, because fuck anyone who tries to mess with me. I also heard he's in cahoots with the Halli guy. How pathetic.

"Does your dad work at somewhere called Noir Inc?" I asked Blaine, not missing out on how he flinched when I said the word "dad".

"Um..yeah. How did you know?" He asked, scrunching up his eyebrows. Cute. I smiled gently. "Just a hunch." But then, he seemed to remember something, from how he stiffened up and started shaking.

"Sorry, but what's the time?" He shakingly said. I checked my watch. "Around 3:30pm." The way his eyes widened and relaxed, I knew something was wrong.

Relaxing, he yelped softly as the newly bandaged wounds tightened. I shot out a hand to steady him, but I didn't miss how he flinched and closed his eyes, bracing himself for a hit. Shit. He reminded me of myself when I was still in that hellhole.

I must've stared for too long, because Blaine was trying to pull himself away from my hand, it was evident I was clenching too hard. I quickly let go, earning a relieved gasp from him.

"Sorry, I just got...carried away." I murmured, turning my head away. But then I remembered why I came in here in the first place. I picked up the tray of porridge, and showed it to the boy. He looked shocked, and the rim of his eyes reddened.

"Food?" I asked him. He was about to say no, but his stomach said otherwise. The soft gurgling sound from his tummy gave me my answer. He reddened in embarrassment again. I smiled at his innocence.

Sitting down on the bed, I patted the space next to me, urging him to come sit down as well. He looked wary and scared, but slowly came closer, before plopping down as well, almost falling over. I chuckled softly, before placing the tray onto his lap. He yelped softly, almost spilling the porridge. I reached a hand behind him to steady him. He stiffened.

Blaine didn't know how to hold a spoon. What? He held it like he was eating cereal. I felt unimaginable anger rise up from within me. Who the hell could ever hurt Blaine? He was basically too precious for this world.