Hospital

-Luka-

The next few weeks passed quickly, Blaine being admitted to a hospital by the courtesy of one of my friends, Avery, the owner of a first-class hospital. 

Of course, I visited him everyday, but it soon became unbearable, seeing him unconscious and hooked up to countless machines. Machines that told me if he was alive or not. He had been in a coma for way too long. 

His wounds were already starting to heal, but it didn't make him look livelier. His pale complexion was as white as his hair, and his chapped lips had lost their beautiful pink. 

So, I started drowning myself in work. It hurt too much to see him, to think that I was the one who sent him back into that hellhole. 

And yet, my conscience made me do dumb things.

I was seated next to him, doing my work, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw his little pinky move. 

Fuck. 

I immediately stand up, my papers and files falling to the ground. My brain had begun short circuiting already and I was at a loss for what to do. 

In the end, I pressed the button above Blaine's bed, and doctors and nurses rushed in. 

"What happened?" Avery, the doctor in charge, asked. 

"He moved." I answered blankly. 

"Which part of him moved?" 

"His finger." 

With that, Avery started running Blaine's statistics.

Out of nowhere, Blaine's eyelids slowly fluttered open, before his eyes shot wide open and he started to flail around, going into a full-blazed frenzy.

The nurses and doctors tried to hold him down, but he wouldn't stop.  Out of instinct, I told them to move out of the way, and I enveloped the screaming figure in a hug. 

"Blaine, focus on my voice. It's me. I'm Luka. It's okay. You're safe." My words seemed to get through to Blaine as he stopped thrashing, slowly relaxing into my embrace. 

He raised his head and looked at me with his tear filled eyes. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but he was wrecked with coughs. His throat had dried up and he couldn't talk. 

When we finally got water to him, the doctors and nurses had already run is diagnostics and found that other than the physical injuries he had, his mental state wasn't the best either. 

..Obviously. 

It was as if Blaine had turned into an inanimate object, letting his body be moved around at will. 

Avery sighed, bringing me to a corner of the room. When she tried to bring me out of the room, Blaine started to whimper and he seemed as if he was going to start panicking once again, so Avery brought me to a corner where he could still see me.

"I've never seen you so..interested in someone." She spoke softly, only loud enough for the both of us to hear. "If you're going to start something with him, you gotta be prepared for..you know."

Her words meant so much at once, and I looked at her with narrowed eyes for confirmation. She blinked, tilting her head before speaking again. "You can take it in both ways. You gotta be prepared for his panic attacks, and..the way we lost Aunt Rose."

I kept silent, brooding, before I replied. "I'll be fine."

Avery smiled, chuckling softly. "Oh, I know."