Comfort

-Luka-

My hold on Blaine tightened, holding his close to my chest, as the hand around Dylan squeezed hard. Dylan started writhing in pain, and at the same time, Thomas appeared.

"Mr Ezra! What in the name of the lord is happening?!" He yelled, appalled at the scene before him. "Please let go of my son!"

I glared at Thomas, tightening my grip on Dylan's hand.

"What if I don't?"

Thomas widened his eyes in disbelief.

I felt a panicked tap on my shoulder, and turned around to look at Brett.

"Dude, just let go! You're making a scene!"

"I know. I want to make a scene."

"What the hell? Why?"

"To let Derrick over here know who's in charge. He's been annoying the shit out of me and that pisses me off."

"...his name is Dylan..."

Sighing, I weighed my options. I did indeed wish to crush Dylan's hand, but I had to get Blaine to the infirmary and crushing his hand wouldn't get him out of my way. Instead, he'd be a blockage between the hallways to the infirmary. Tsk. Blaine was far more important.

I released him and pushed him into his father's grasp.

"Oi. Keep an eye on your son. Consider this your last warning, or I can and will end your career."

Thomas frantically nodded, trying to soothe his crying son.

"Fuck off."

And they did.

I quickly carried Blaine up, and took him to the infirmary. The school nurse basically had eyes shaped like hearts for me, so when I told her to let him rest, she put him in the best bed.

"He can rest as long as he wants to here!" She twittered, saying so in an extra sweet voice, even though I could sense the scowl she directed at the boy when I turned around. I smiled gratefully at her, watching her die internally.

Exiting the infirmary, I met up with Brett, who had a weird look on his face.

"Luka, dude..." I tilted my head in confusion.

"Are you gay?"

A moment of silence passed between us, and the hallway filled with people also turned silent.

And I burst out laughing.

"Why'd-why'd you even ask- HAHA-" I was choking on my words.

After an uncomfortable moment, Brett also started laughing, the hallways filling with relieved sighs and small laughs.

"Sorry man, I thought you were, you were paying way too much attention to the worthless kid!" Brett stated after his laughing fit.

"Well, he was hurt, if it was a girl, I would do the same. Is it not normal to help someone in need?" I replied. I didn't comment on how he called Blaine "worthless". Not yet, at least.

"Oh, that makes sense! You helped him because he was injured, right?" I nodded my head.

Brett placed his hand on his chin. "But he's a White Cloak." I smiled, even though my hand balled up into a fist. "He's still human. It doesn't mean he can be denied medical help when he's injured." Brett shrugged. Really testing my patience, huh..

"Well, what're you gonna do now?"

"I guess I'll wait till the boy wakes up. He's probably going to be confused and all that, so I'll just do that."