Base

-Luka-

I silently watched as one of the organisation's members tore answers out of our captive.

As he turned around and came out of the interrogation room to change his now crimson disposable gloves, I smiled. "You're doing good, Finn. Just remember what I told you to ask, and don't go too far. There's no need to kill."

Finn sighed. "But, Lima...he hasn't said anything. Even though you've taught me so much, the fucker's still tight lipped as hell." He used my code name instead. All of the inner family members had to use their code names instead of their real names, just as a precaution.

"It's alright. I've been doing this for really long, so I can tell that he's starting to give in. Here," I passed him an upturned picture, and when he took it to see the contents, he gave a sickening smile. "Just for some motivation. I did some research to help you out."

I passed him a new pair of gloves while Finn continued to examine the picture. "I can't believe it..isn't our target someone with no weaknesses?"

"Well, not anymore." I blinked. "If he still doesn't talk, then just tell him we'll take the woman in the picture just for fun. It's been a while since we've had a love story on our hands." It was all just empty threats, because while we were an illegal organisation that the government just had to put up with, we did our best to not involve those who shouldn't be involved.

Thinking of this, I spoke just before Finn opened the door to the interrogation room again. "Finn. I'm warning you not just as your superior, but also your brother. Don't go too far. We don't tolerate harming innocents."

The slight spark of craziness in his eye dimmed, and he took a deep breath. "Sorry. Almost forgot myself. Thank you." He opened the door, and walked in.

I almost felt disturbed when I couldn't feel anything as I saw our captive start shedding tears. Soon enough, he gave in, and told Finn what we wanted. It wasn't that I didn't want to feel, because no matter how bad I wanted it, I couldn't. I just couldn't.

Even all the bloodshed and violence I'd seen and experienced paled in comparison to the emotions Blaine evoked.

God, I hope Blaine never saw this side of me.

__________

My hopes failed.

Blaine was currently in the lounge with Eli. I could see from the window that Eli was jabbering away about something, while I was separated from them by a single wall while covered in blood. Not mine, but still blood.

He'd brought the pets with him. Artemis was playing with a ball while Orion was nipping at his own tail.

I barely ducked out of sight as soon as I noticed Blaine's head turning to the window, and quickly shimmied behind a corner just as the door to the lounge opened, and Blaine's voice floated over.

"Sorry, Eli. I thought I saw something. You were saying, about those shops..?" The click of the door closing, followed with Orion's small yip, made me breathe a sigh of relief.

I scrambled to find a washroom, and when I did, I met one of the girls in our organisation.

"Oh, Lima!" She chirped, mouth thinning into a smile. Said smile dimmed, when she realised I was stained with blood. "You okay?"

"Yeah, the blood isn't mine, Emma. But could you run around and find me a clean shirt, please? My boyfriend's here, and I haven't really told him about...this." I gestured to my clothing, and Emma frowned.

"You know, as a lady, I'd rather my boyfriend not keep secrets from me. Makes it hard to come clean afterwards." She leaned against the wall. "I'll get you the shirt, but you gotta promise that you tell your boyfriend about this." She copied my action and gestured to my clothes.