Relief

-Luka-

"You're...the CEO of Noir?"

No, I'm a coconut.

"You know, it's getting late..." I sighed. With all the stress I've been dealing with lately, especially with Aiden"s request and the siblings, I was nearing the end of my patience and I didn't want to lash out at Blaine. He was completely innocent. "I think it's time for you to go home."

Wouldn't that be the safest decision?

Blaine widened his eyes. "You- you know what happ-" he barely stuttered out, before I cut him off.

"I'm sorry. But you just...really need to go." Just a few more days, and he'll be safe.

But when I looked at him again, my heart constricted painfully. His doe eyes were filled with tears. He quickly stood up, wiping his tears away. I finally realised what I said, but it was too late.

"No, I mean-"

"I-It's okay..I'll leave." His voice broke as he spoke, and I felt absolutely horrible. Walking towards the door, I felt like a piece of shit. In the heat of the moment, I grabbed his hand, pulling him to me, turning him around and grabbing his shoulders. "But you'll come back tomorrow, right? A few days more and...you don't have to see them again." I said, trying to fix the situation.

"Yeah...I will..." Blaine weakly mumbled out.

"I'll drive you back?"

"NO!" He suddenly shouted, both of us shocked at his outburst. "I-i mean...it's fine, I c-can go back myself..." Before I could say anything else, he yanked himself free from my grasp, and ran out. "Fuck..." I cursed.

Blair then walked in, staring at me silently.

"Yeah, I know. I fucked up.." I admitted, hating her blank, yet reproachful look.

"Luci, you're an adult. I won't lecture you like you're a child, but if you want Blaine back in one piece, well.." She shrugged. "I like the kid too, but don't get too attached too quickly. It's going to hurt."

Her words may sound harsh, but I knew it made sense. I did indeed like Blaine, and I was starting to seriously regret what I did.

When I looked back, Blair was already gone.

I went back to checking out Blaine's parents, Noah and Jessie Carter. Just what did Blaine do to them to make them hate him so much?

I turned on the computer, pushing the binder aside, and I noticed the blood again. Taking some wet tissues, I wipe it up, trying not to think too much about it.

Blaine..

__________

I wasn't sure how long passed, but the next thing I knew, I could hear the audio, loud and clear. The earpiece wasn't even in my ear.

Blaine was screaming in pain.

"Shit-!"

My heartbeat immediately sped up, and I was pissed off. I snatched the earpiece from the table and pushed it into my ear, his screams just like a knife twisting into my heart.

I needed to get to Blaine, right now.

I called up Blair, who was just upstairs. "Blair, could you help me find out if Axel Rea is at Sarea High?"

"Okay." She answered, and I hung up.

I next called up Leon. "Leon? Could you help me find an address?"

"Name?"

"Blaine Carter."

"Give me a while."