Pets

-Blaine-

I woke up groggily, completely dazed. What happened yesterday? My mind was a blank slate.

"Hm..?" I squeezed my arms, and felt something soft. It was Matcha..! But I remembered leaving Matcha on the couch yesterday.

I glanced outside, noticing how orange the sky was. Was it sunrise, or sunset?

I blinked, yawning softly. A sudden headache hit me, and I squeezed my eyes shut in pain. "Ugh.."

I laid back down in bed, reluctant to leave. The bed was so soft, so comforting. I'd be hard-pressed to get up. Oh, but I had to ask Luka what happened.

Yesterday, I was half asleep on the couch...and then Luka's father came over...and then..?

And then..?!?!?

I jumped out of bed, holding Matcha as I sprinted downstairs.

"Luka!!"

"Huh—?" His voice allowed me to locate him, and I barrelled into a rather hard surface. "Mmph!" Arms reached out to steady me, and I realised that the "hard surface" was just Luka's body. Darn him.

"Darling, what's wrong?" His worried question made me feel fuzzy, but I felt uneasy at the same time. What happened with Aiden?

"Did I embarrass myself when I met your dad?" I whispered softly, unable to stop my voice from cracking. I'd hate to humiliate myself in front of Luka's family, because they would want Luka to leave me.

Holding my breath when Luka opened his mouth, I was about to cry from shame. And yet, this man snorted.

"What the?!" I huffed angrily, truly frustrated to the point of tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, my dear." Luka hid his face in his hand, his shoulders shaking as he snickered away. I punched him on the chest petulantly, but it was like hitting a brick with cotton.

"I assure you, bunny, it went well. He loved you. He told me to bring you around some time." Luka smiled at me amusedly, eyes turning into crescents. Ignoring the feeling of my heart melting into putty at his apparent adoration for me, I pouted, bumping my head into his chest. "Why can't I remember anything?"

"Hm? Oh, Aiden got you to drink a little bit of alcohol. It turns out that you're a lightweight." He explained softly, hugging and picking me up. "You're rather cute when drunk."

I noticed a rather gruesome bite on his shoulder, and internally cringed at how deep it was. "How'd you get this?"

"Ah, from you."

"Huh?"

"Eh?"

"What?"

"..."

We stared at each other in silence for a while, before shame crashed over me like a tidal wave. Oh lord, I bit him when I was drunk!

"O-Oh, I'm so sorry..!" I spluttered out, completely at a loss for what to do. I wanted to soothe him somehow, but I knew that touching the wound was gonna make it hurt more. What to do, what to do...

I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye, as he carried me to the dining room. "Stop smiling...I really feel bad about this..!"

"I know, my dear." Luka chuckled, kissing my forehead as he set me down. He had gotten delivery again. "But like I told you, my skin is thick. Don't worry so much about it, or would you rather I give you one as well?" His smile was so cheeky, and I knew he meant it as a joke, but I couldn't help but agree. "O-Okay.."