Chapter 1: Home

The buzzing of my alarm woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes and groggily looked at the clock. 6:15. I groaned and looked at the ceiling.
Goodbye summer, hello school. I'll have to get used to waking up every day and have homework and... Ugh.
I reach over to turn my alarm off when a hand grabs my arm. Horror movie flashbacks flash in my mind. I jerk back and let out a yelp, ready to be killed.
It's then when I hear laughter... Laughter from a child. I knew who it was.
Eric.
Eric was laying on the floor. He stood up, laughing his head off.
"Ugh, Eric." I grumble, shoving my head into my pillow. "Why did you try and scare me. You know I have school."
He's still laughing his head off. "I did it to get you back. And it looks like I DID scare you."
I sit up and point to the door. "Out." I say, looking him in the eyes.
Eric leaves, but he's laughing the whole way out. He closes my door and I lie back into bed with a thud.
Eric, he's my younger brother. An eleven year old wolf cub. He has the biggest blue eyes I knew.
He's pretty annoying.
I lie my head on my pillow, hoping for a few more minutes of sleep. As soon as I drift, the alarm goes off again. I sit up and turn my alarm off.
So much for extra sleep.
I get out of bed and start my morning routine. Shower, brush my teeth, brush my fur.
I take a good look at myself before heading to school. Just an average, brown wolf. My brown eyes are normal, just like me.
I walk out the door to go to school. I grab the toast my mom made me before I leave.