Chapter 28: Preparations

Meghan was practically dragging me through the mall. "You need to find a good suit and tie!" she says as we walk into a formal clothing store.
   "We have a week, calm down." I say as she presses a blue tie against me.
   She starts digging through more ties. "No, how you dress is everything at prom. You need to prepare now."
   "Well, shouldn't I at least pick out a suit first." I say, looking at suits. "I like the black."
   "Ok, we can work with that." she grabs another tie and starts working on me.
...
   After trying on countless suits and ties, we finally come to an agreement on an outfit: a jet black suit with a red tie. I have to admit, I looked snazzy with it on.
   "Ok, we done? I've got homework." I say as we walk out of the store.
   "Sure, we can stop. Go home and do your homework you nerd." she jokes. "I'll see you tomorrow."
   I walk out of the mall, exhausted. Meghan put me through so much torture, but it was worth it. I got a great suit and I got to bond with Meghan.
   I walk home and sit down on my couch. I. Am. Tired. I decide to take a nap. I lie back on the couch and close my eyes.
...
   I wake up in the early hours of dawn. I napped, or I guess slept, all night. I sit up and stretch, yawning as I do. I look at my watch. 5:31. I have a bit until I need to start getting ready.
   I might sleep some more. I close my eyes and a realization dawns on me. I forgot to do my homework. I roll off the couch and walk into my room, ready to work.