Chapter 7: A Date... Kinda

I walk onto school grounds, not running late. Good, I think. Gives me time to talk to John.
  As I'm walking into the gym, I see John. He's talking with some of his friends. Wow, the guy has been here two days and already has more friends than me. Embarrassing.
   I approach him trying to act as confident as possible. I failed.
   "Err, hey John." I say pitifully. I almost turned around right then and walked away right out of sheer embarrassment. I almost did, but he looked at me and smiled.
   "Hey Kane! Come sit." He says happily.
   I sit without hesitation, glad he isn't treating me differently. We small talk a bit. He didn't bring up yesterday with his friends. I even got to know a few of them.
   Eventually, the bell rang for school to start. I say my goodbyes and start to walk off when John walks up beside me.
   "So me and your friend Daniel are going to see a movie tomorrow night if you'd like to come." He says happily.
   "Yeah." I managed to say. "I'd love to."
   "Great! We'll meet there at around six. I'm glad your coming!" he says before turning to head to class.
   I can't believe it. I'm actually going to be sitting with this guy, watching a movie. I can get to know him and we'll be friends and...
   The tardy bell rings, ruining my burst of happiness. Maybe Mrs. Lenny will have mercy for being late two days in a row?