Chapter 24: Netflix

John and I were walking to school, holding hands like usual. He seems quieter than usual.
  "Hey, you alright?" I ask John, concerned.
   He glances at me and smiles. "Yeah, just a lot on my mind." he says, looking up at the sky.
   "Well, you wanna talk about it?" I ask.
John sighs and looks at me. "My dad got released from prison. He's visiting us sometime. I don't know how I feel about it."
   "Well, maybe he's changed?" I say, trying to find a way to make John happy.
   "Yeah, maybe. I hope so." John says, dropping the conversation.
   I sigh and we walk the rest of the way to school in silence.
...
   The school day drags on just like every other day. Eventually, the dismissal bell rings and school is over. I find John, Daniel and Meghan and we walk outside the school together.
   "So," Meghan says, sounding excited. "Should we do something?"
   John smiles and looks over at me. "Yeah, you in?"
   I nod. "Yeah, what should we do?"
Everyone stands in silence, pondering my question. Daniel is the first to speak up.
   "We can watch a movie marathon on Netflix at my house of you guys want." he says.
   That sounded great. We all agreed and walked over to Daniel's house. Daniel walks us inside and shows us into his room. Huge, big enough to hold all four of us.
   Daniel decides to make us popcorn while we find a movie. Me and John are lying on the bed, cuddling. We end up deciding on a comedy for our first movie.
...
   Six movies and five bowls of popcorn later, me and John decide its late. We thank Daniel, grab one more handful of popcorn, and head home. Me and John hold hands the entire way home.
   He decides to walk me home, like the gentleman he is. When we reach my house, I turn to him and smile. "Thanks for walking me home." I say, embracing him in a hug.
   "No problem handsome. I'll see you tomorrow." he says.
   We give a quick kiss and I walk into my house. Nobody is awake, it's almost 1:30. I didn't realise just how tired I was until I sat down on my bed.
   I change into pajamas and set my head against my pillow. Sleep comes quickly.