Chapter 18: Revenge

Eric runs into the hospital, panicked. Where is Kane? He walks up to the Labrador behind the front desk.
   "Um, I need to see somebody." Eric says, not really knowing what to do.
   "Doctor or patient?" the lab says in a gruff voice. His nametag says Shane.
   "Patient. His name is Kane."
   "Right. Ok. Are you family or just a friend?" Shane asks.
   "Ugh." Eric sighs, frustrated. "I'm his brother. I was told he was hurt and I want to see him. Just please tell me where he is."
   Shane looks at him, thinking. "Down the hall, room 7."
   Eric starts to run when he hears a harsh voice yell "No running!" Whatever. Eric eventually finds Kane's room. He walks in, nervous of what he might see.
   He sees Kane, just waking out of his sleep. "Kane." Eric says, happy to see big brother.
...
   John approaches the gym. Duke has to be here, always trying to stay ahead of the competition. Some people say he never leaves except to go to school to bully.
   John walks in through the double doors. Not many animals are here. John sees who he's looking for in the back, curling dumbbells. John approaches him, anger rising inside him.
   "Hey, why are you beating up on Kane, huh?!" John says, angrily.
   Duke stands up, still holding his dumbbell. "Aww, coming to defend your boyfriend? Go back to kissing him, fag." Duke says, bowing up.
   John didn't care if Duke was bigger than him. He hurt Kane, and he was gonna pay. John rears his fist back and punches Duke in the face. He doesn't stop. He forces Duke onto the floor and starts raining punches on his face, fueled by anger.
   The manager comes to separate the two. John doesn't stop. The once happy, loving fox had turned into a monster, releasing all his anger on Duke.
   It takes two animals to pry him off Duke. They drag him out the door, shoving him. "Don't come back. Ever." The manager says before closing the door. John has calmed down now.
   Revenge was something he'd never do, but the fact Duke hurt someone he loved drive him crazy. Kane, he thinks. He gets up, and starts the long run back to the hospital.