Chapter 22: Reunited

Eric was gonna get his mom to see Kane, one way or another. She had to. But how?
   He had no idea. It frustrated him sometimes, how much his mom seemed to hate Kane. She doesn't hate Kane, just the decisions he's made, he tells himself.
   He got up and walked into the living room, where his mom sat, watching tv.
   "Why do you hate Kane?" Eric asks.
   His mom looks away from the tv, looking at Eric. "I don't hate him. I just..." she stops.
   "You have no right to abandon him because of his decision." Eric is beginning to raise his voice. "You should've been prepared for something like this before you had a child."
   "Stop." his mom says quietly.
   "No, I'm sick of this! I want you to see him. I want to see him! I want to walk into the kitchen and see him eating breakfast like I used to!" Eric yells. "I'm going to see him. With or without you."
   He starts walking toward the door.
   "Wait." he hears his mom say. He turns around and sees her standing up. "I'm coming with you. Let me get dressed." she says.
   It actually worked. She's coming to see Kane. Eric is relieved, and flooded with happiness.
...
   I hear a knock on the front door from John's room. Me and John are playing video games, the perfect way to spend the weekend with John.
   John's mom peeks into the room. "Hey, you have visitors." she says.
   We pause our game and get up. "Any idea who it is?" I ask John as we follow his mom.
   "Nope." he says.
   We walk into the living room curious. I'm shocked by who I see.
   Eric was sitting on the couch. Sitting beside him was mom. I felt tears stream down my face. "Mom."
   I ran up to her and hugged her. I didn't let go for at least a minute.
   "Hey sweetie, how have you been?" she asks as we stop hugging.
   "Much better now you're here." I tell her.
   "Come back home, we miss you. I miss you." she says crying.
   "I will. Let me get my things." I say, heading toward my room.
   I'm grabbing my few belongings when John walks into the room. He's smiling.
   "I'm glad she's willing to let me come home now. Thanks for letting me stay." I say.
   "No problem. I'm gonna miss having you around all the time." he says.
   "Hey, we will still see each other. Every day." I say grabbing the picture he have me last night.
   We kiss one last time before I walk out the door to go home.