Chapter 27: Chicken N_ggets

Best part about being a sophomore? Prom. Freshman aren't allowed to go to prom after an incident a couple years ago. I won't go into detail about it, but there was punch on the ceiling.
   I have no idea how I'm going to ask John. I want to ask him in the best way possible. I thought about throwing a football that says prom on it, but someone else had beaten me to it. I decided I should ask Meghan.
   I stopped to talk to her between classes.    "Hey, you got a sec?" I ask, walking up to her. "I need help on asking John to prom."
   She turns to me and let's out a squee. "Your gonna ask him?!" she asks, smile on her face.
   I laugh. "Well of course. He's the cheese to my macaroni."
   She puts a hand on my shoulder. "Ok, don't ever say that again. But that DID give me an idea. What's his favorite food?"
   Easy. "Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets."
   "I know exactly what you're gonna do."
...
   "This is the weirdest way possible to ask him." I say, shaking my head. In my hand is a heart shaped box, full of chicken nuggets. On the top of the box, a note is written. The note says, "Chicken n_ggets... Now all I need is u. Prom?"
   Meghan is dragging me across the hallway, taking me to John. "Trust me, this is GOLDEN!"
   I see John at the end of the hallway, talking to one of his friends. "Now go." Meghan says with a shove. I'm standing in front of John, box of nuggets in hand.
   "Hey, what's that?" John asks, pointing to the box.
   "Here," I say, giving it to him. "Find out yourself."
   He reads the note on the box. "Huh? But this is chocolate." he says. He opens the box and his jaw drops. "Oh. My. God. CHICKEN NUGGETS!" he screams as he puts one into his mouth.
   "Is that a yes?" I ask, watching him chow down.
  He looks up from his feast and smiles. "Yes. Yes it does."