Chapter 21: Gift

School is actually enjoyable today. Nobody beat me up, nobody judged me and John. At lunch, Meghan sits with John, Daniel and I. Meghan isn't exactly as evil as I though.
   After school, we don't want to leave each other. We decide we should do something, so we decide to go bowling.
   We arrive at the bowling alley a couple minutes later. We pay admission and get our bowling shoes. I was never good at bowling.
   "You're not good at much, are you?" Daniel asks, picking up a bowling ball.
   Wow. I'm actually not. Instead of discouraging me, that made me more determined to win. I would at least beat Daniel.
...
   I came in third. Meghan won first, John second, Daniel fourth. I knew I'd beat him. We say our goodbyes and start to head home. I'm holding John's hand as we walk out of the bowling alley.
   "John, what if something happens?" I ask. "If we break up or something."
   "Hey, don't worry about that. That won't happen. Not on my watch." he leans in and kisses me on the cheek.
   We walk in the front door of John's house and walk to his room. "Wait, before you go to bed, I have a surprise." he says, his hands behind his back. "Here."
   He hands me a picture frame. Inside of it is a picture of me and John, smiling. I remember this. It was the day after John got out of the hospital.
   "I love it." I say. "I remember this."
   "Yeah, it was our first day officially being a couple." he says smiling.
   I give him a hug, still holding the picture frame. "Thank you."
   "You're welcome. I'm off to bed, night handsome." he says. "Love you."
   "I love you too." I say, walking out of his room and into mine. I put the picture on the nightstand. I stare at it as I fall asleep, smile on my face.