Chapter 3: New Student

Classes drag on and on. I slept through second period. I was sitting in third and forth period doodling in my notebook, oblivious to the lectures. Thankfully, the bell rang and lunch started.
   I grab my lunch and take a good look around the cafeteria. Most of the tables have filled up already. Where should I sit?
   There are freshmen getting kicked out of their seats by seniors. There is a table full of nerds, reading a math textbook, jocks and their girlfriends, and the rejects.
   I see Daniel sitting at a table, with someone I didn't recognise. I guess I should introduce myself. I head over there with my lunch and sit down.
   "Kane, meet John." he says with a mouthful of sandwich. "He's gonna tryout for the football team here."
   I look over at John. "Hey." I say, hoping I sound confident.
   "Heya Kane." John says, smiling.
   John was a fox. Orange fur, perfect smile, dark green eyes. He was very... Handsome. I snap out of it and try to have a casual conservation.
   "So you like it here so far?" I ask.
   "Yeah. It's much better than my other school. Everyone is much friendlier here." he tells me.
   We continue the small talk until the bell rings, ending lunch. I tell John and Daniel goodbye and I start walking to my next class.
   I really hope I can talk to John again today.