Meeting Scarlett

⚠️tw, abuse and panic attack⚠️

Chloe's pov
Run faster. Faster. Come on, run faster I told myself running away from the only place I could call home but it wasn't really 'My Home'. It was a foster home. I went there when I was 7 because my parents died in a car accident and none of my relatives wanted me so I was stuck there. I was running as fast as my legs could go. I held on tight on my bag so it wouldn't fall off my back. My vision was getting blurry from all the crying. I couldn't really see where I was going, but I knew that I was at a park. "Chloe! Get back here!" Mr. Clark yelled at me while chasing me.

I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer, so I pushed myself to run faster. I looked around the park desperately looking for someone who would help me. My mom would always tell me 'if I was ever to get lost, either stay where you and I'll come and find you or look for a woman with kids'. I couldn't do the first one since Mr. Clark was chasing me. So that would just help him. So the next thing I did was to look for a woman with a kid or kids or just a woman. I saw this beautiful young blond woman sitting on a bench reading a book. She looked like in her early thirties. I ran to the hoping that she would help me.

"Um excuse me, hi, could you help me?" I reached the woman. I quickly looked behind me seeing Mr. Clark looking everywhere for me. He was getting close and I knew it. I started to panic. Oh god not now. I snapped out of my thoughts when the woman touched me gently but I flinched away. "Are you okay honey?" She said in a kind tone. I told her no. "Do you want me to drive you home or-" "No! I don't want to go back there" I heard Mr. Clark yelling my name and coming closer. "What's your name?" She said putting her book away. My mom told me not to give out my name to strangers, but she seemed nice and that she actually wanted to help me.

"Um Chloe" she simply nods her head and smiles. "Why don't you want to go back home?" why is she asking so many questions? "Because I don't really have a home and I'm getting abused..." I trailed off about to cry but I knew not to. My mom always tell me to be tough even though you don't want to. "Chloe! Get over here now!" Mr. Clark kept yelling. When he turned around, he found me and started to walk towards us with a beer bottle in his hand. "Please help me" I begged, backing further away and hiding behind the woman.

"Okay honey, come with me and I'll help you" she grabbed my hand and her book and started to run towards her car. When we got to the car, I turned around to find Mr. Clark kicking a rock away. He was probably really mad. "Thank you" I said barely above a whisper. I sat down in the back facing the widow so that the woman doesn't see me cry. "Your welcome honey, oh and my name is Scarlett by the way" she said driving off. I was about to ask where we are going but I knew she was nice so I could trust her. I hope.