The carnival

⚠️mild abuse⚠️

Chloe's pov
It was now Saturday, the next morning of the sleepover, when I woke up to Peter's legs magically appeared on me. I shoved them off me making him to wake up. "Ow" he said rubbing his legs. "Don't sleep on me next time, idiot" I told him. I got up and looked around. It's peaceful. A little to peaceful. "Everyone get up now!" I yelled which made everyone jump. I checked my phone and it was 11:30. My friends parents would be picking them up at 12. Shit. "Hey get your asses up now your parents are going to be here in 30 minutes" I told them ushering them out of the little hut. "Guys come on" Emma said pulling the boys from their arms. We finally went inside. "Hey kids, I made brunch!" Scarlett appeared out of nowhere which scared my holy ghost away. "Thanks Scarlett" Peter said as we all sat down to quickly eat. After eating we quickly ran upstairs to go change.

Scarlett's pov
After the kids ran upstairs to changed, I heard a knock at the door. "Hi! You must be Emma's mom" I opened then door to a young woman that looks like a older version of Emma. "Hi yes, it's so nice to meet you" we shook hands and I let her come in while we waited. "Would you like something to drink?" I asked as we made our way to the kitchen. "Waters fine thank you" she sat down at the counter island as I got her, her water. "Oh hey mom" Emma said running down the stairs with everyone behind her.

"Hey Em, how was the sleepover?" She asked moving some hair out of her face. "Omg it was so fun" she just smiles. "That's good" I smiled at them. I was proud of doing a good job. We talked for a while then they had to go home. "Bye guys, see you soon!" I waved at them as Chloe pushed me to the side, respectfully, and waved at her friends. "Bye guys see you at school!" Chloe said waving off to her friends. "So Chlo, what do you want to do today?" I asked as we both went inside. "Well I was thinking of cleaning the back yard" She started to walk away but I stopped her. "No you don't have to do that" she looks at me. "You sure?" I nod my head. "Positive. Now let's go do something fun" I said as I grabbed my keys.

"Okay where are we going?" Chloe followed me to the car. "I... I actually don't know" I said as I started the engine. I heard Chloe giggle next to me which made me smile. "I heard that there is a carnival at Central Park" Chloe said playing with her rings on her fingers. I notice that she's been doing that a lot, it's probably the anxiety. Lizzie does the same thing when she's anxious. "And you want to go?" I asked her backing out of the driveway. "Um if it isn't to much to ask" she said still playing with her rings.

"Chloe how many times do I have to tell you, whatever that you want to do, we'll do it. If it's appropriate and if you need help with covering a murder or something like that, I got you" I rested a hand on her hand calming her down. "Okay" we drove off to Central Park and there it was. A carnival. I actually really love carnivals so this should be fun. "Come on young lady, let's have some fun" I said as we got out of the car.

Chloe's pov
I ran to the first booth with shooting darts. Scarlett paid the lady and I started shooting. Surprisingly I got them all and I won a teddy bear! "Here" I handed the teddy bear to Scarlett. "Aww thanks" she side hugged me and kissed my head. We played more games and we both got some cool little things. I did notice people taking pictures of us but I didn't really think much of it. "Scarlett over here!" Someone said approaching us and others behind him. "Can I get your autograph?" A kid asked. "Can I get a picture?" Someone else said. Oh my god. People are annoying.

At this point, there was a big crowd. "Can I get a picture with you?" I man said to me, he was about in his late thirties or early forties. "Eh no thanks" I said trying to get away from him but he grabbed hold of my arm. "Come on, just one picture" he said yanking my arm a little harder. "Ow stop your hurting me" I mumble. I just know that I'm going to have a bruise or something. "Come on kid" he kept saying. "Ouch stop...please" I said still trying to get him off of me. But it wasn't working as you can see. "Come on just one picture" this man. The audacity. "Stop it" the next thing I know, the man lets go of my arm and landed on the ground. I couldn't really see what happened because I was crying and my tears made is kind of blurry. "Chloe?" I heard Scarlett's voice. "Mom" my voice cracked a little while trying to talk to her. "It's okay. I'm here" she said hugging me and pulling me away from the crowd.

Scarlett's pov
After I took care of the man who was hurting Chloe, I dragged her gently to the car. "Hey Chlo, can you talk for me?" I said holding her face between my hands. She didn't say anything so I knew something was wrong. She started to cry and I quickly took action. "Aww Chloe I'm so sorry this happened to you" I told her while I hug her. "Mom it hurts" I let her go to see what was hurting. I noticed that her right arm was red. "Oh god, okay let's go home" I put her seatbelt on for her since she was still in shock and couldn't move much nor did she want too.

~time later~

We got home and I took Chloe and brought her in carrying her bridal style. I unlocked the door with one hand and opened it. "Okay Chloe. I'm going to get you some ice for that arm" I told her while setting her down gently on the couch.

Chloe's pov
My arm was killing me. It was all red. Great just what I need. "Here I got you some ice" Scarlett said coming back from the kitchen. "Thanks" I grabbed the ice and put in on my arm. She then came and sat beside me, hugging me and being careful of my arm. I snuggled next to her rest my head on her shoulder. We stayed like that for a while and my arm was feeling much better. "Don't worry about the man from today, he got arrested" she told me. "Okay and I just wanted to say thank you"

"That's what mothers do, they protect their kids" she said smiling at me. "I need to tell you something" I turned so that I can see her and pay attention. "Yeah?" is she sending me back? Probably. "Your going to have to stay with your aunt lizzie for a while" are you kidding me?! "Why?" she sighs looking away from me. "I have meetings in LA that I have to go to" okay? "Why can't I come with you?" and that's a question that I shouldn't have. "Because you can't okay" she said. She kind of sounded mad so I didn't want to push her. "When am I going to Liz's house?" she finally looks at me. "Tomorrow morning" I simply nod. "Okay" I got up and went to my room and pack my bag.

I was packing things that I will be needing while crying at the same time. Why was I crying? I honestly don't know. Don't get me wrong, I love aunt lizzie but I want to be with Scarlett. But I knew that her work was important so I just let her go. After I finished packing I went straight to bed. I was excited for tomorrow but also not. Let's just see what happens.