Chapter six: Contract

This isn't how I pictured a wedding at all. Giovanni and I are sitting in front of the table and look at the contract that will change our life's forever. Well, more my last name, but whatever.

"You go first". I state and lean back in my chair. I observe everything on him, how he bends forward and grips the pen, how he signs the blank space and how his handwriting looks.

I am ashamed to admit, that his handwriting isn't grumpy. His last name is signed with cursive letters.

Giovanni hands me the pen and clenches his jaw. "Your turn". The men behind the table smiles at me warmly.

"Tze". I scowl at him, I want to get it over with.

He claps his hands together and turns the contract upside down.

"Therefore, I can witness your love for each other, as legally speaking husband and wife". He expects us to kiss, but I just jerk my head to the opposite side.

"Uhm". He stutters and that's when my father breaks into the room.

"Now get up already, we have to deal with some things now, since our mafias are allies now".

By the mentioning of the word mafia, I jump up and without a second glance, follow my father outside.

"Caroline!". His voice halls behind me and he tries to reach me with large steps. I'm impressed how fast I can run in those stilettos.

My mom wanted me to wear a white suit for the formalities, and my hair is pulled back in a sleeked bun.

I'm pissed at the heavy golden jewelry, that makes me look like a freaking christmas tree. "Caroline!". He barks again.

"Just because your my husband, doesn't mean you can order me around now!".

"I just-". He finally reaches my arm and pulls me to him. I crash into his chest and stumble backwards.

His hands grip my fingers tight and I feel a cold band slide onto my ring finger. I open my eyes and stare at the wedding ring and then in his eyes.

There is no color in them, I suspect. Just black, I cannot even tell what he's feeling right now.

"I didn't wanted to let you be my wife without a proper wedding ring". I hate that my jaw is dropped and that I find it fucking stunning on me.

I hate that he knows me better, than my own parents do.

The ring is golden, with little diamonds surrounded and a oval big one in the middle. It's not heavy, not like the rest of the jewelry that gets bought for me, it is surprisingly very light.

"It's...um...it's not as bad as I expected". I shoot him one last look and break the contact. I don't want to show him how good he has target my taste with only using a little ring.

Nobody's here anymore. Did they leave without me?

"You're my wife now, I'm responsible to get you home". I press my lips together and don't dare to turn around.

Giovanni walks lazily towards a black car that I haven't even notice yet. It is a sports car, I scoff, what else.

He opens the passenger door for me and waits. "If you think I will start liking you just because you treat me like a human without the ability to open doors myself, then you think wrong".

He smirks and snickers under his breath.

"Just get in, we will drive to our house".

I come closer and before I swallow my pride and get into the car, I stop in front of him.

"There will never be a we or an our, this is business". I circle him. "And you don't have to be loyal to me, because I surely won't be it to you. Live along your life and don't talk to me, just then I will decide, if I don't think of you as my prey". A devilish smile forms on my lips and I know he's listening while holding his breath.

I'm in control.

He shakes his head and shuts the door close.