Chapter thrity: Unexpected

Giovannis POV:

(Please read the author note below after you've finished the chapter)

As we pass the guards, I send a nervous glare at my wife. She seems so quiet these days, maybe it's the new lifestyle takes over her.

I clear my throat to gain her attention. "Are you okay?". It takes awhile, until she says anything. At this point, I have already parked the car in the garage underground and we both step out.

"Nothing which I can't choke in the bud".

"Fair enough". With that, I follow her through a door, until we stop in front of a office.

Theresia and Tyler picked up their pace and ruled over the announcement. But Caroline notches Theresias shoulder and whispers something into her ear. She nods and Caroline opens the glass door, passes the officer with a quick hello. I notice that no one, not even the officer, looked her in her eyes.

I'm pretty impressed, its her own act of respect. Never look into her eyes, because it can either intoxicate you, or kill you in an instant.

"Listen up!". She shouts and her voice halls through the gym. Everywhere are people training with knifes, guns or their own body weight against each other. Everybody's head turn towards her and she shoulders her attention very lightly, there must be about two hundred people in here.

All of them her own and all of them could be a possible threat to the mafia herself.

"Apparently my trust isn't a worthy present for some of y'all, or for one of you". It's dead silent. She continues on. "A mole is among us, someone who's cooperating with one of our enemies and no, I'm not talking about the De'Bardi's". I hear the grinning in her voice, I roll my eyes at her attitude.

"Everyone line up, you heard her". Tyler says and under five seconds a line has build up in front of us. Thats my clue to start.

Theresia and I go over to one of the men, she takes the men and I take the women. "Expose your torso please". Caroline watches from behind and holds her gun close to her body.

The women in front of me looks straight through me and suits her black clothes. I check the skin, no ink, no tattoo. Instead, I see a flicker in her eyes. Theresia must've notice and holds out a peace of equipment. "Here". I raise my eyebrow and stare at the thing, it's a laser or a scanner more to say.

"What's that?". She snorts and shows me how to use it. "Turn around". Her stern voice belongs to the women in front of me, she swiftly changes positions and bows her head. Every women wears a ponytail and now I know why.

She has a number inked on her neck. Theresia scans the number and the scanner shows of the name, ID-Number, birthplace and other useful information.

"You don't have to use the scanner all the time, her ID-Number is tattooed on her neck, but if we need to check up, just like in this case, we like to use the scanner". She smiles at me kindly. Somehow her features aren't so similar to her little sisters ones. I shrug it off and concentrate on my work, I can't have Caroline go through every little aspect in my brain.

"It's just faster this way". I nod and look up the informations.

"Coming from Spain huh". I say and observe her face. She nods and a little smile tickles her lips.

"Isabella". I say with my Italian accent, now she smiles fully. I bet smiles aren't used in this area often, but it suits her well.

"Yes sir, my parents attended the Italian mafia after they had me".

"And why is that so?". Her dark chocolate hair is pulled back, it brings out her flawless pale skin, kind of rare for a Spanish beauty. Green eyes avoid contact.

"My father worked a long time for the Spanish mafia, but my mother wanted me to grow up under different occasions".

"So I guess they moved to have a healthy childhood for you, but you end up hurting your mother by attending on the Italian mafia, instead of going to college". I expected a nod or a yes sir.

"No, I attended Princeton. But then someone reached out to me and I chose this way".

"Glad to hear that". I scroll until I reach the bottom and smile a second time. "Also glad to be working with you".

"My pleasure sir".

"Giovanni, you have work to do and stop flirting with my people". Caroline shouts and Isabella cringes, her cheeks are flushed and she looks flustered.

"No need to feel guilty, my wife and me, we have a very open relationship". I whisper and move on with my work.

I crease my forehead. For what fucking reason have I said that? I'm such a jerk! I inhale deeply.

I hear a scream and jerk my head to the person. Theresia aims her weapon at the temple of a man in his twenty's.

Caroline stares at the man with pure surprise.

"I have him". Theresia says.

Carolina narrows her eyes together, like she couldn't really get it. Tyler already has the man locked up in handcuffs.

He pushes him forward to Caroline, but she remains quiet and stiff.

"Eden?".

My mouth goes completely dry.

***
Important info.: I suggest to re-read chapter twenty: Underground, I have edit a small very important part to the story.
You'll understand it better if you go read it first.
I had a good idea to put a bit more character into Carolines past.
Votes, comments and suggestions are always welcomed<3
*Word count: 961*