Chapter twenty-nine: Watch Out

I scoff and turn my head to the other side.

His hands still keep me locked. I look up his arms, veins pop out of his golden skin, veins of anger. I kinda hot. "It's nothing". I say and smile sweetly. He laughs darkly, but there is no amusement in his eyes. "Self harm is treatable you know". Now it's me who laughs. "There is nothing to fix anymore".

Surprisingly his eyebrows don't crease together like I had expected. No, he looks at me with...understanding. But understanding for what? There is nothing that he knows about me. Nothing that he knows about my past me, that still rules over me until now. He distances himself from me and I let myself relax a bit. He rubs his face. The silence between us is so loud that I assume to hear his heartbeat, but it's probably mine and it goes even faster when his black eyes meet mine.

"Meeting in twenty minutes with Tyler and Theresia, I suggest that you show them what you have found out". I just nod absently. He had seen enough from me.

***

"Well I have some news babes". I say and circle the table. Theresia bends over the letter and the sketch from the tattoo, that I slammed onto the wood. "What the fuck?". I shoot Giovanni a quick look, he too seems interested with what I had on my hand.  

Tyler stands next to me and gives me a playfully smirk. Our fists collide and I chuckle. Tyler is like a brother to me and so uncomplicated. "Tell us, how did you found all of that?". He asks.

"Not a big thing. Last night, someone- a black haired women -had placed it in front of the house. She ran away, but I'm pretty sure I know who it-".

"Camilla". Theresia stares blankly at the handwriting and then she looks me dead in the eye, I shrug. "Don't ask me how she could deliver me that, even though she's kidnapped".

She starts chewing on her bottom lip, how similar we are. Giovanni narrows his eyes and reads the words. I wait until he gets the clue.

Caroline,

hOverlue eIn lQuarto p'A mGang eSnakes

"So this is an address, for which I'm assuming we should go after next, but if you take each small written letter in front of every word, you'll get the message 'help me'". He statements and rises back to his original height. I cock an eyebrow at him and fix the letter again.

"Finally someone who seems to be at the same IQ-Level as me". Both Theresias and Tylers eyes shoot up and give me dirty look, I lift my arms in surrender. "What? I'm sorry but it needs more than just to be attractive". I pin my head and wink.

"Enough with the rubbish here, what's the plan?". Theresia asks.

Suddenly Giovanni strokes to the whiteboard and starts sketching a plan. I keep my hands flat on each sight and try to inhale even.

"The first task is to go through every man in the mafia".

"For what?". Tyler asks and looks at me curious.

I sigh and have to give in, have to say that I have failed at something which is not acceptable. I point at the tattoo sketch and grab it to pin it next to Giovannis plan.

"That's the mark from Sal's men. The tattoo is most of the time inked at the torso, but some people have it also on the shoulder. Since we have a mole in our system, we first of all need to clear that out before we go into any mission to complete".

"I suggest to go to the training warehouse, we could line them up and go through every single one of them, maybe to some catch ups at their ID's". Theresia says and takes the black marker to write it down, I nod.

I don't know why I haven't thought about that earlier, it seems so obvious, but I guess I was more too invested with the idea to kill my husband than to worry about my men.

I let Theresia and Giovanni take over the whiteboard and form the plan. I'm not d'accord with the idea that he takes on the lead but on the other side, what reason do I have to prove? That I'm independent and can sort through my men on my own, even though it was my fault at first.

My life gets cut into little peace's, but I don't have anymore control about the outcome. Either it is my father, Giovanni or some stupid ass mole, that crosses my plans. I have to appreciate the support that is given to me, even if it's from the enemy itself.

"When do we do it?". Theresia turns to me. Every time she offers me the decision to make. Giovannis voice roars in my ears, as he decides to take it for the team.

"We do it now, the earlier it gets done, the fastest we can find Camilla and Sal".

I can see it in Theresias eyes that she doesn't like the idea, that the De'Barid's have a say in her workers. I try to make it look like it doesn't bother me, when sure it does. It does way more than that. My blood is boiling and the only reason why I don't burst out into an argument is, because I have a trick still on my sleeve.

If it's done, it's done and may the Lord bless Sal's ass, because I'm about to come for him.

***

I'm back with some juicy plot about to spill, well more like the story line. Let me know if you want any tropes include in this story and I might make it happen.

*Words count: 968*.