Chapter thirty-four: Revenge

I wake up in my bed, alone. I needed some seconds to realize that I have been woken up by my phone. An incoming call. I groan and stretch my arm out to click on the accept button. "Whoever this is, has to be responsible for my bitchiness today". I hear Tyler's chuckle, suddenly my eyes are flicked open and I try to sit up on my bed. I lean my head onto the headboard and stare outside. It's a muddy and gray day today, just the perfect match to my motivation.

You know this feeling when you have cried your soul out the other day and then wake up with puffy eyes, a dry throat and a massive headache. Based on my lack of hydration, I reach out for the water bottle that was somehow magical placed on my nightstand. I narrow my eyes together, while Tyler start to speak up, but my brain tries to figure out what that little thing is.

I rob nearer to my nightstand and a warming smile breaks out on my lips.

There is a aspirin pill and a light blue sticky note attached to the water bottle. It's Giovanni's handwriting. Somehow he manages to write so cursive and beautiful, even when he's in a rush.

Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo
-J.S

I close my eyes again and for the first time, I felt welcomed on a rainy morning, welcomed in a house that I can call home.

"We found Camilla and-".

"What?". I shout into the phone and almost rip open my eyes.

"Oh fuck, Caroline. You have caused me almost a fucking tinnitus". He groans painfully and winces.

"Reverse!". I demand and now my brain is only concentrate on his words.

"The letter with the address, we followed the line after you unexpected left. We wanted to wait but Eden said...".

"What did Eden say?". He sighs and I just know that Tyler doesn't want to get involved in my messy life. His one of my man whatsoever.

"He said that if we will not rescue her now, Sal would be up for a bloody fight and then...".

"Spit it out Tyler". The peace that I just felt two seconds ago, was already replaced with a stern cold expression. "Don't make me do this, you will kill him after this". I laugh hysterically. "Oh sure I will, but it looks like he wants to have a fight and you know better than anyone that I'm up to it".

"He said that if Camilla died, you would start to harm yourself, because you would feel like you have failed again on somebody's life, just because you made him pretty eyes and wanted to get a good fuck from your husband before you start the mission to rescue her". Tyler holds his breath and waits on my outburst.

But I just decline and storm into the bathroom to change and make him regret everything his awful mouth had said.

***

"Where the fuck is this motherfucker?". I scream and rip open the door to the underground. Almost everyone turns around and looks at me with terror in their eyes. Briar steps out of my office and shoots me a challenging look. "I waited so long for your outburst again". She snickers and then jerks her head to the elevator.

"Floor B, I already stretched him out a bit". She smiles devilish and I claim the elevator, push everyone who's in my way away and run the floor along until I reach the door where I torture everyone of my victims.

The door flies open and I lock eyes with him immediately. He hangs from the ceiling and his body is secured on all of his ends. I lock the door and go over to the arsenal. I choose a knife with a fresh blade. I run my fingertip along the blade and let it cut me.