Chapter eleven: Scars

My eyes slowly open and I see only flames. What happened? Within seconds, my brain throws information at me and I'm back again, full concentrate.

I rob on the floor, trying to get somewhere else so the fire wouldn't burn me alive.

All around me are stitching flames in the air, I'm trapped!

My eyes fly to the chair, but it's empty.

"That motherfucker!". I whisper and search for anything that could bring me out of here.

Where are my guards, I had everything planned, they couldn't just ran me over and drop a bomb at my territory.

My lungs start to tighten and I barely could  breathe. Fuck, I'm literally gonna die here.

No, I almost scream with tears in my eyes.

Like a child, I cross my arms.

"The fuck, I cannot die like this!". I yell and crawl to one of the drawers in the corner. They will be soon swallowed by the flames, so I had to hurry the fuck up.

But nothing was in them, that could help me in any kind of way.

I let myself crawl back in the very middle of the room and press my mouth on my hand. If I continue breathing in the poison, than I will pass out.

It turns out, that I was actually mid passing out, as someone bursts the door down and people screaming, shoving as much water as they could into the room full of fire.

Two strong arms lift me up and secure me, my head got in touch with a warm, broad, hard chest. I could smell an expensive scent, but couldn't define who it was.

***

My mind feels like a carousel and I moan, as I sit up.

I'm wrapped in my bed, the sheets were swirling chaotic in my legs and I spot a figure sitting -no- sleeping in the chair next to me.

"What the fuck happened?". I mumble and he  jumps up.

"Fucking hell, you finally woke up!". Giovanni goes through his messy hair and sighs frustrated.

I eye him confused.

"What are you doing here anyway?". He shoots me a death glare and hands me a cup of water with a numbing pain pill.

"If you start arguing with me, after I rescued your thick ass out of there, than I'm gonna punish you mad". He adds. I roll my eyes at him.

"So, I guess you were the one who lifted me up and secured me in here?". He nods and leans back.

"What time is it?". I ask and chug down the whole cup of water.

"Just barley after five in the morning".

"And you were up the whole time to watch me snoring?". I chuckle and his eyes are suddenly glued on my lips.

"What?". I raise an eyebrow.

"Nothing". He mouths. I frown and whirl my legs out of the blanket.

"Hey hey hey, where are you going?".

He grabs my arm and holds me steady on my feet.

"I want to shower". He presses his lips into a thin line. "What again?". I can't stand his mystery acting the whole time.

"Maybe you wanna go easier on that".

"Tell me why the fuck I should go easy on showering?". I stumble pass him into my bathroom and start stripping.

Just then, I notice that I'm dressed in a large T-Shirt and black shorts. He appears in the doorframe. "So I guess I don't have to ask you, if you saw me naked".

He lowers his head.

"There isn't something, I haven't already seen on women". I bite back a comment and slowly take off his shirt. Why is he still here? My movement falters and I grimace weirdly.

"Fuck, why does it hurt so bad?". I ask and his hands appear next to me. He helps me undressing.

I don't care, that he sees me naked, like he said, there isn't something he isn't already familiar with.

I gasp, as I look into the mirror.

"That's what I meant". He repeats and I gaze at the burned skin on my collar bone.

The burned flesh spreads out till my belly button.

He waits on my reaction, but I stay blank.

"Wow that...Uhm-that isn't. Oh, I don't know". I never stuttered in my life, but this really got me speechless. 

"The doctor said, that you need help if you want to shower. We cannot risk a second burn, so someone has to watch the temperature".

I nod slowly, still traumatized about the scars that will be left on my skin forever.

In trance, I strip the shorts and step into the shower. It's big enough for a bunch of people. Giovanni opens the water and grabs some shampoo from the corner.

We both don't say anything and just stay silent. My eyes are fixed on the marble a few feet's away from me and I watch Giovanni through the mirror.

I'm happy, that he cannot see my tears, which are dropping after every blink from my eyes.

I chew on my lips and grab Giovanni's biceps. He looks deep into my eyes and without even talking, he understands what I'm saying.

Don't tell anyone about those ugly scars.

As he finished, he reaches out for a rope and puts on the cap.
I snuggle into the warmth and see his lips hovering right above me.