Chapter forty-one: The Pack

Giovanni's POV:

"I have to go". I insist and sit up straight in the bed. My recovery isn't done yet but when I don't prepare the trip right now, then it won't happen.

"No you don't, you cannot obeying your father Giovanni! He wants you to believe exactly what you're thinking right now". She shouts, jerking her arm frustrated at me. I sigh, it's pure horror to argue with her she's a hella nut.

"He made you come here, he want's you gone, this won't end well for both of us".

"But he has a point, despite what he did to me-".

"And what about me? You really want to leave me at his sleeve, locking me up like your father had ordered you to. Giovanni you are a grown man, he cannot order you around like this-".

"See, you don't get it! You're a women, who will never take over a powerful mafia, but I am almost there. Just a little bit farther and I will be the one taking over the Italian mafia. It's what I always wanted". All of a sudden she appears in front of my face, leaning too close in. "If you ever try to underestimate me you'll regret it with blood on a blade". She threatens and my ego starts to growl.

"Get the fuck out of my face!". I demand. Father is right, if I can't control her maybe he can, that's my chance to leave and fulfill the job, coming back and have her in her damn place.

"What will you do about that?". Her brown eyes piercing through mine, but I am fucking done with this bullshit!

"I will not accept the fact that you still try to have the upper hand. I am your damn husband and no one, absolutely fucking no one, will dance on my nose. I will leave for Japan in two days, get my stuff ready at the house and then move in within the hour at mine". I press the emergency button under my hidden hand, the door opens and a nurse comes in.

Caroline stares at me silently, sometimes silence can be the greatest punishment. You can either expect a storm or you can be totally off handed. "Lead her out please". I say and look at Caroline. The nurse grabs her gentle from behind and tries to tear us apart.

Her jaw is tense and she parts her cherry lips, still locking her eyes at mine. Then she hisses almost inaudible: "Throw me out to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack!". With that she stops the resist and backs out of the room. I watch her angry and the EKG sounds are almost racing.

I lean my head on the pillows and stare up.

Just get me out of this already. In my head I repeat the mantra to keep my heart at bay.

Fly to Japan, kill Sal, free his sex slaves, come back, remove that bastard Eden (who's been eye fucking my wife for days now), get Caroline from father, make a heir.

That's what will happen and the day quickly turns into the night, while I continue hating myself for the lack of emotions that I own.

I stare at the bare skin on my torso, probably the only spot that's not covered with ink.

I saved it for something special, but that special thing hasn't had time to develop itself, so I observe and dream about that one day I will cover the rest of my skin with that tattoo.

*
Seriously lost count when I last put in a Giovannis POV, could've been a while or not. Anyway, leave some assumptions down in the comments for the tattoo, I will be pleased looking through them.
Ngl, had the happiest week of my life and finally have some good story ideas to continue. I don't know how I can thank you guys for sticking to this point, I surely have written over three hundred stories in my life, but never once did I had the motivation or strength to finish them and believe in myself. I am soooo grateful that this story is blowing up like this, really wanna a be one of those Wattpad authors who have their secret hundred fans/friends, that no one knows about. You guys are my comfort spot and the reason why I am so full of light, enough with the emotions! Let's move on onto the next chapter.

Keep voting and sharing little Pumpkins<3