Chapter sixty-one: Incident

"After Giovanni left for Japan, he ordered me to live at his parents house. He was scared that something will happen to me. Turns out something did happen to me and I cheated on Giovanni with Eden". I ignore Briar's reaction. "I was drunk and not at all sober. Well, the day after the mistake, I regret. Alessandro helped me and gave me a pen and paper to write my feelings down, that's when I noticed a little tattoo on his wrist".

She takes in a sharp breath.

"The mountain with a little star on top". She says.

"I haven't thought about it much, but after everything went down...". I don't name everything, Briar has already too much on her plate.

"After everything calmed down, it came into my mind again and then I realized. Every little peace had fit so perfectly together. You mentioning a blurry memory of a tattoo, that he's been way younger than you, you just wanted to have fun...". I continue.

"That was when I looked at Alessandro and notice that he seems so quiet and sad when he's alone. When he thinks no ones watching. He still thinks back to that night, I haven't told him or talked to him about it, I think that is your job to do". Her heart rumples in her chest and she sighs.

"Wow, I have no words".

I stay quiet, this is something so life changing that it is better to shut your mouth.

***

After we continued to at least try and have a spar day, Briar asked me to drive her to the mansion. She said she wanted to have it right off her mind, whatever the risks and consequences are.

I turn left and drive up the driveway. I told her I don't want to get in there, too much has been going down since I last left this cursed building. Briars eyes find mine and they're so raw with pain and tears. I reach for her hand and squeeze it tight. "I'm sure he will understand and even if he decides to shut down, he isn't the type to leave you hanging in there alone". I say and pat her cheek.

With unbelievable courage, Briar exits the car and walks up front. The housekeeper opens the door and her beautiful black hair vanishes out of my vision. My heart rumples in my chest for her. Suddenly my phone lits up, a text message from Giovanni.

Where the heck are you, mi amore?

A little smile tucks at my lips. My fingers dance over the screen.

At your house actually, mind you, a women has unfinished business to do too

No reply, until he calls me.

"What the fuck are you doing there, Caroline". His voice normally so demanding and cold, is toned with a little bit of fear.

"Why are you outraging out of a sudden? I'm okay".

"Hell yes you're okay, you wouldn't speak to me if you weren't. But why are you there?". I sigh frustrated, it won't ever be easy with him.

"There is this thing with your brother-".

"Francesco??? Stay there, I'm coming".

"No this is not abo-". The tone of declined halls in my ears and I lean back with closed eyes.

This is going to be fun as fuck.

Five minutes later he arrives with his new black Lamborghini. I get out of the SUV and walk up to him. He jumps out of the car when it finally comes to a stop, grabs my face forcefully and searches for any injuries. "Like I said, I am okay!". His black orbs stop to swirl around and instead switch to the house.

"It wasn't about Francesco, it's about your little brother".

I tell him the whole story without leaving any details out and by the end of it, he has tears in his eyes. They threaten to fall, but he pulls them back. "Fuck my little brother is more mature than I am". He laughs and I smile, caressing his cheeks. "See, there isn't any danger around".

But as I said, something odd plays around him, like he wants to leave ASAP. "C'mon lets leave, you can leave the SUV here and we go home". His vision drops down to my stomach. "Oh my goodness Giovanni relax". I roll my eyes, he narrows his.

"Don't play with me while your creating a beautiful human being in your body". My heart aches for this.

I look back to the house. "I just can't leave her like this, it is my job to help her out".

"You make it look like Alessandro would toss her out, I wouldn't underestimate my brother like this". I frown.

"What's that supposed to mean?".

Giovanni drops the keys for the SUV back into the car and guards me to his lambo. "We are coming from a bastard, that is right, but no one, maybe except Francesco, that little fucker, would treat a women like this, no less his own child".

Giovanni is probably right, and if not, I am sure that he will change something about that. But for this reason, I have to trust his brother.

"C'mon lets leave this fucked up place". He opens the door for me and I fall into the comfortable leather seats. Somehow I already gathered some back pain throughout the day. That little shit isn't even the size of an apple, well close to it.

I wince at the tingling pain and arch my back into a different position.

Giovannis eyes shoot right to me and he places his hand on my knee. "Should we call a doctor?". I shake my head. "No, this is nothing to the pain you caused me".

His wickedly grin brings me to smile back. "Don't look like an arsehole here". I still feel terribly sore after what he'd done to both of us, he seems fine by the way, so it's just me left with the aftermath. What a fucking fever dream.

We turn into the driveway, when the sun is about to set on the mountains above us. Giovanni leans to me,when he parks the car between the two rose bushes. His soft lips brush mine, not claiming, not ruthless, but sweet and tasty. Like a vision promis that he's gonna be there till the end. His hand find the back of my neck and presses me closer to him.

"You taste like chocolate covered strawberries". He says with a little crease between his brows and licks his lips. I chuckle. "I ate some before, they tasted like heaven". I moan. "You want more of those?". Again this overly protective, caring husband. I stare right back at him. "Who would've thought". I whisper.

"Who would've thought what, amore?". His low voice makes me blush a litte, thank God it is too dark to tell. "That we end up like this, happily married ever after, with a baby on the way, a heir to be precise. A big house of our own, no more blood on our hands, no more death". He gulps and moves away, facing the driveway.

I look at him confused, regret brings out his expression and with that, fear runs through my veins.

"Giovanni I-".

"Let's get you something to eat". He mumbles and puts on a fake smile, while opening up the passenger side door. I let the weird incident drop, but I would lie if it didn't cross my mind, while we chewed some Chinese take out in the living room.