Chapter eighteen: Needy

After I did my work and introduced me as one of the De' Bardi's- at this point, I almost vomit down the floor -I swing my ass into his damn car. Giovanni doesn't talk to me, instead he frees his anger by driving way over the speed limit. His hand is centimeters from my thigh away and I feel his hot intense stare at me. "Your father called me". He murmurs and swipes right, I slightly brush his arm and swiftly adjust myself.

He notices my rest bitch face and sighs to himself. "Why can't you just cooperate with me, it'll would make things so much easier, trust me Caroline". I run my tongue over my teeth and glare ahead.

One, two, three seconds...

Suddenly he pulls aside and stops the car. He leans forward in his seat and his breath nearly brushes my neck. The moon is shining through the fog and I feel oddly calm in his presence. "Tell me Caroline". He caresses my cheek with his thumb and lifts up my chin to meet my eyes. My eyes stay numb and I narrow my eyebrows together.

"Why did you pull the trigger in my bedroom?". My heartbeat goes crazy with him being so near to my carotid. So unprotected, so lonely and still I don't feel the urge to pull away nor to get me in a safe distance. "Huh? Why did you love to control me, why did you want me to be loyal?". For one second my eyes drop to his lips, which where still moving.

He smirks because he trapped me with his arms, unnoticed by me. One arm over my body on the door, one between us. I catch myself falling midways and straighten my spine. With a grin, I let my mouth drop to his and hover over him.

My breath brushed his flesh and he observes me steadily. "Giovanni, I don't tell you to be loyal to me-".

"But you want me to be, because you want to own me". I think about his words, knowing good that deep inside me, he might be right. I ran into that, because I felt betrayed, not because he kinda cheated, but because, I suffered next door and he simply disrespected me.

Liar!

"I don't want to own you, I want to control you!".

"You will fail".

"Is that so?".

I lean back again and watch his skin glowing in the moonlight.

"We both know that. In the end you have to bear a son or a daughter into the business. Not to me, not to yourself, but to the business. To the only thing, for what you heart really beats, am I right?". I grit my teeth together and grip onto the knife, that's attached to my thigh.

"You wouldn't use my body for that, I know you better". His eyes change into a dark color.

"No! You don't know me and you'll barely will, I wont fail myself or the mafia. My heart beats the same for it, just like yours, but only better".

I scowl. "Such a bastard, this isn't true and believe me, if you ever touch me and put yourself into my belly, I will make sure to hunt you down and wont stop until I torture you to death".

"Let's get home". He says and starts the engineer.

"House, not home". I rub my thighs together, to unease the tension that had built up during our conversation.

"Whatever".

"Mhm". I mumble and close my eyes. Fuck, I feel unfilled and needy.