Chapter fifty: Sue Me

I wake up with a sore throat and unexplainable pain throughout my body. My eyelids lift up heavy and sun beams down my face. Slowly I take in my situation, I am lying on a sofa and a pillow is trapped between my head. Suddenly I am well aware of the person sitting across from me. Giovannis head is buried in his hands and he frustratedly sighs into them. My stomach clenches, he is so near, but yet, so far away.

I prop my body weight on my elbows and his gaze immediately slides to me. He looks at me like he has never seen me ever before. I don't know what to do, nor what to say.

"Giovanni I-". He gets up and leaves, now I realize we are at our house.

I breath out and push me back into a lazy position. Which I instantly regret because my chest twitches in pain and I look down at it. My top upper body is covered in a bandage and little dots of blood pierce through. Francesco cut deep, way too deep. With every breath I make, the pain floats over me like a wave. I hear steps approach me and now my eyes only can move.

My heartbeat pounds in my ear and I feel how someone drops a wet towel on my forehead.

"There are pain killers on the left side of you".

I reach out for them and swallow them down dry. Thats what my father told me how to do it. I groan, another thing that stuck with me as a kid. I fucking hate him!

He walks to the window wall and stares outside with his hands in his pockets. I observe every move he does and recognize that he looks way more stiffen than the last time I saw him. Speaking of...

"What date is it?". I say small. Goodness I feel so fucking pathetic.

"Your Birthday". He answers and goosebumps travel down my spine.

It's already the twenty-second of November?

"How...um I mean who told you that". He still doesn't turn around.

"You really think I wouldn't know the birthday of my wife?". His voice is cold and feels like blades in my ears.

I clear my throat and sit up against the headboard. His broad shoulders shadow the floor and he breathes in deep. "You've read my diary?". I addressed the elephant in the room. It was one of the things that lead to the emotional breakdown that I wasted in cheating with my ex lover.

Silence pours down on us and I wish he would say anything, just something so I could know how much dead to him I really am. He finally turns around facing me with a stern and stone cold expression. "How'd you know?". His hands are behind his back and he pierces is black orbs into me.

"I've went to your office when I got ordered to do so". I glare at him mockingly, but he ignores me. "I saw it on your desk". He just stares at me, no emotion is playing on his face right now.

I laugh coldly and throw the blanket, that's draped on my legs, off of me. "You know whats funny to me, you cheated on me first". He cocks and eyebrow at me and I stand up swaying back and forth, trying to get my balance again. "You've cheated on me while breaking my trust and reading things that belong to me and my psychotic peace of shit that I call father, because he made me like this...Giovanni tell me, how much did you read, huh? How much have you cheated on me?". I step further towards him.

He shakes his head at me.

"Tell me now!". I demand.

"I've just figured out why my wife is acting like she could've hurt anyone and not knowing that she hurts herself". I pinch him down with my gaze. "What bullshit are you talking, such a shame, you could use this mouth way better-". His hand wraps around my throat and he pulls me down back to the sofa. "It's not the time to make jokes, Caroline". He spits out my name like it is a curse.

"Let go off me". I grit out and push him away. "I can touch you where and whenever I want, you're my property, my slut". He lowers his lips down to my ear. "My deal". Color leaves my face and I feel like someone just punched me in the guts.

"No you cannot". I growl. His face is only inches away, I can feel his breath crossing my carotin. "Really? Tell me what your last name is? Tell me on which name those clothes, this house, that car was bought. Yeah that's right all of this is mine, including your ass". I close my eyes, feeling the tears prick behind my lids.

Fuck, I am hopeless.

He backs off and forces me to go with him.

"Get yourself ready, we attend a gala in a few hours, you better make me satisfied with your appearance". When the door falls shut I drop down on the floor, sliding my knees under my arms.

The tears that threatened me to expose myself to him, dry very slowly on my cheeks. I snuggle deeper into the floor, so long until I am scared that time is running low. I command my body in the shower and break down again. Realization and fear grows inside me. He has everything in his hands now, he could make me his prisoner and nobody would know, they would think we are just an arranged marriage like everyone else.

He can do all the things he wishes, raping me, locking me in, torturing me. Now all the love that I had for him is turning into fear and pure horror.

***

I step out of the room, my dress is a casual long dark green cocktail dress. Hugging my curves in the right places.

"Ready?". Giovannis voice appears next to me and I stare at the floor. His figure is standing next to me and he slides his finger under my chin. When his eyes meet mine, I hold my breath in.

"Don't try to run away or make up some shit, remember, I am only two steps behind you and you'll never leave my side". He pinches my skin. "Do you understand". I break the eye contact and nod silently. I have never felt so lost ever before. His body pushes me into the wall and his hand are on my waist, caressing my open back.

"Stop looking like you've stopped loving me, I know you do".

He kisses my throat and wishes with his finger over my marks and burns. The water did nothing good to my skin. My dress stopped right below my collar bone so the most of the ugliness is covered, but doesn't mean it disappeared. I feel it with every breath, every.  step I am reminded of my pathetic self.

His wet tongue draws a line from my earlobe down to my breast. My heart beats faster and I just hope he doesn't notice it.

He hovers over my painted lips and waits for me to do something.

Should I push him away, kiss him? I press them together and drop my head aside.

"Leave me alone!". I don't like how his chuckle sounds, it's cold and cruel. I swallow down my voice and follow him to the car, where he opens the door and gets on his side. He changed, he changed and wants to make me feel hurt, paying revenge on what I did to him. But I was drunk and hurt, I've missed him so much and felt alone, no one was there for me, no one but the one who knows me since I've been a child. And I know that this is not an apology, but sue me for my lack of emotions.

Sue me for trying to hold on to the girl he turned me into. I wanted to be like I was and take a break from all the death and awareness.

Giovanni starts the engine and steps down on the gas, making me flying back in my seat. He let's all of his anger out on the pedal and I just let him use it out on me.

***

A/N

I've actually decided to interact a little more with you guys so here I am.

Any thoughts or guesses on the development of Giovanni?

How'd you enjoyed the story so far? Should I add a favorite trope to it?

Let me know if there are any stories you'd like me to read and give credit for, happy reading<3