Chapter sixy-six: Too Soon

Giovanni' POV:

I love to wake up next to her.

I love how her hair is spilled over her pillow.

I love how her lips are slightly parted.

I love how her cheek is scrunched up.

I love her peaceful expression and the relaxing sound of her breathing.

My fingers find their way down between her thighs. Her belly has grown every minute, it seems like. I don't mind that, instead, I think I never loved her body more than now.

Capable of carrying.

She almost, intuitively, widens her thighs for me and my fingertips brush her bare flesh. I groan, she's already wet, so wet that she drips on my hand. "Caroline". I moan into her ear and she tries to lift up her hips to meet my touch.

"Mhmm?". She asks, still with closed eyes. "You're so wet for me, mi amore". I slowly thrust a finger into her sweet little cunt, pulling in and out, quickly adding a second one in and adding up pace.

Her breathing starts to raise and her pussy clenches around my movements. "Fuuuuck". I groan, feeling my dick grow hard as steel. She could be dressed in a freaking cow costume and I would still beg on my knees to claim her.

Her wetness floats down my whole palm.

I freeze...

Her moans don't stop and she protest, trying to find my hand and pressing it against her clitoris. "Giovanni why'd you stop?". My skin goes hot and cold. I lift up the sheets and stare at her thighs covered in blood.

"Caroline...Caroline...Caroline!".

"What?". She's wide awake now and stares down at my hand, smeared with her blood and juice. I meet her gaze and all I can see is pure terror, she claps her hand over her mouth and her body goes still.

Sobs fill her throat and I'm already dressing up, calling into the next hospital and rip a random white T-shirt of mine out of the closet, running towards her and throwing it on her. "Giovanni". Her voice is horrified and she presses down my arm. "Shhh shhh mi amore". I lift her up into my embrace and bring us to the car downstairs.

"Giovanni tell me what's wrong". She clings onto me, even when I put her into the passenger seat and drive off of the property. She grips the door tightly and her eyes follow the road, completely empty. "Everything is going to be fine babe".

She starts to repeat the same words over and over again, making me pressing down harder onto the gas. "It's too soon, it's too soon, it's too soon".

We reach the hospital, paramedics run towards our car already and put Caroline onto a bed. I leave the car where it is and run behind them. "Giovanni?". She screams out and her head whips in every direction, only seeing people with masks and white operation scrubs. "I am here, I am here". I smooth her hair down and smile at her, her skin is hot and sweaty. She has a high temperature, she's got every sign for...for a possible miscarriage.

But she's already too far along, she...if it is...no—she would need to still deliver it. My mind goes racing and my heartbeat quickens up, this can't be it, this cannot be the end of her, of my little girl, of our little family. The paramedics shove me aside and push her through the door, leading directly to the operation hall. A nurse shields me.

"Sir, you're not allowed in there, please wait". Her English is broken and she's got a French accent, that's all that I can think about. My hands go behind my head and I watch Caroline disappear into the OP.

***

One hour, two hours, three hours with no information whatsoever. I already asked multiple times, I was seconds away from tearing those walls down and throw the furnitures around. But a dangerous ease has laid down on my heart, it feels like it is her presence, the presence of an unborn child, putting her hand over my beating heart, comforting me.

I don't want this to end.

I cannot live without...cannot see her bearing a child shell never get to know, learn to love, care and protect about.

I called her family, it was the only right thing to do, even knowing that they will tell her eventually. I hope for the best, maybe they will wait based on her condition, before they'll drop the bomb, making everything collapse on my expense.

But I take it, I am responsible and I will do whatever in my power to hold my daughter in my arms...alive. Even if that means to be forever away from her and her mother. She will be deciding only in one way and that's for our daughter.

The right choice...she'll make the right choice.