Chapter forty-nine: Ink Presses Through Paper

Someone slaps me, I tumble out of my dream and meet Francesco. I frown and look around. I am sitting on a wooden chair, tied, and in something like a den. Well it looks something like that, but the stairs back seem like leading to the mansion.

"Where am I? What happened Francesco?". I mumble, clearing my head with words. He grins wickedly. "You've been punished, but not punished enough!".

"Huh?". I don't understand anything, he points at my chest with his knife...wait a knife???

Blood drips down of the sharp blade and his eyes glistening. My heart beats faster when I slowly drop my gaze down to my breast. I scream! I scream out of fear and pain, all together pulling me further down the dark road.

He has cut me, cut weird things on my skin, but the worst of all is the word that is plastered right above my now somehow freed breasts.

Giovanni's POV:

I run towards my old parent house and rip open the door.

"Where is she???". I shout aggressively, employees staring at me wide eye. Alessandro comes around and pinches his eyebrows together. "Who? What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in Japan?".

I grip his collar and shake him wildly. "Where is he?". He frowns deeper, not understanding me.

"FUCK, WHERE IS FRANCESCO AND CAROLINE???". I scream in his face.

"Francesco...?She's safe, he brought her upstairs because I think she had a little bit too much to drink-".

"What??? No, he cannot be...you have to". I stumble towards the staircase, when I hear her horrified scream. Alessandro and I freeze instantly.

"Get the gun's!". I order him on and run to the door that leads into the secret floor that we own.

The stairs make me almost fall but then I see her and run faster.

Suddenly Francesco stands in my way with a knife in his hand and a expression on himself that shouldn't be there.

It's the urge to kill. I know that look way too good.

She sobs and cries behind him, screaming my name countlessly and rippling with her chair that she's tied to.

"Giovanni help me, help me please!". She winces and I know she must be in pain worse than anything else. I growl deeply and narrow my eyes together.

"You touched her!". I grit out, ready to punch the death out of him.

"Giovanni listen". He said and explains.

"You will understands, you will love my reaction if you listen to the end". With that, he steps aside and I have a good look on my wife. She's topless and her dress hangs loosely on her hips, covering barely anything.

The dim cold light shines on her shaking fragile body for a second.

She shivers and bites down hard on her mouth.

"Read it". Francesco says. My breathing goes hitch.

CHEATER.

Was craved into her skin, above her breast. Blood covers her inured cut skin. "Look at her marks". I step closer and she cries even louder, pleading something inaudible in Italian. Kiss marks were circled with the blade and bite marks too, all over her throat.

It dawns, the moment comes so fast though so slowly. We interlock our gazes and she shakes her head. My lips part and I feel my heart drop to the floor, the splitters go everywhere, the sound halls in my ears and then there is nothing, nothing to say, nothing to do, nothing do pray for.

I stop breathing, I hear him saying something behind me, but there is only this awful sound.

The...sound...of...the...door...closing............

It shuts..........

It locks.........

It freezes.......

It vanishes........

Done!

"Tesoro, non pensare male a me, non pensare...non pensare a niente di ok? Sentimi fuori tesoro sentimi per favore, lo prego!". She screams out and tears stream down her face. (Baby don't think bad of me, don't think...don't think anything okay? Just here me out please, I beg for it!) I shake my head and press my bloodless lips together.

"No...no no no no". I breath out hard and my brother hands me a letter. Her eyes dart to the peace of paper and she sucks in a breath.

"Don't Francesco, take it back from him!". I look down at it and open it up.

My beloved husband Giovanni,

You probably guessing right now why I have written a letter for you, well you will find out by the end, but first you have to listen, listen to what I am saying to you. These words are easier for me to say on paper, than it is for me to bring it out of my mouth. I just can't do it for whatever reason it might be, those words lean out in my mind and before they fly away, I need to tell you this.
Has it ever struck you that life is all a memory, except for the one present moment that goes by you so quick you hardly catch it going? Did you ever feel like drowning in lies, in deaths you've created yourself? Did you ever felt the world moving without moving at all? Have you ever seen a person doing something wrong and then forgive them, because you thought its better live a lifetime with one mistake have been made, than a lifestyle with breaking your own heart by leaving?
I wish I could write the way I think; Obsessively, incessantly. With maddening huger, I'd write to the point of suffocation. Like I'd write myself in to nervous breakdowns, Manuscripts spiraling out like tentacles into abysmal nothing.
And I would like to write about you a lot more than I can, but this letter won't be about me and you falling in love, this letter will be about you falling out of love with me.
It hurts to know that you won't ever look at me the same way you used to look at me, full of love, full of sacrifice, full of hope that we might be crossing the line. That we try to be a better someone to each other.
Giovanni I loved you long before I had the guts to let you know, but it won't matter anymore, because this will be the end of your love for me. This will be the chapter of your life you would to do every thing for it to forget, this will be another mistake, another death that has to be decided. Giovanni, even though this is not anything you want to hear, but whatever might come, my heart is a compass that leads me to you anytime. I regret what I did, I regret it with my heart and soul, I would do anything, absolutely anything to erase that cruel part of me, that made me do this to you.
To hurt you.
Tesoro, ti ho tradito con Eden e prenderò tutto il necessario per amarmi di nuovo, amami du nuovo, per favore ti prego. (I have cheated on you with Eden and I will take whatever it takes for you to love me back, just love me back, please I'll beg you).

The paper wetness and I let it fall to the floor.

"Giovanni please tesoro". She begs and every emotion is holding in her eyes.

My nostrils flatter open widely with anger and my hands clench to fists.

"You're dead to me!".