Chapter 14

So apparently Alex took Izzie on a date

So apparently Alex took Izzie on a date. Not that I care you know, I am his boss and it would be unprofessional to have those sorts of feelings. I am packing my things for my sisters baby shower when there is a knock on my door, think of the devil and she may appear. Izzie is at my front door in a dress "seriously" she says throwing her hands up in the air and invites herself into my place "ok come in" I say closing the door behind me and shaking my head.

"I'm our date he was a total ass" she says as I make us some coffee, "and then he says she has a good time so I'm like ok maybe we will finally kiss. I lean to him and he just runs away" this surprises me. Alex has always been the confident guy that's gets all the ladies, maybe he was nervous. That makes me feel ill. "Some guys are like that" I say handing her a mug and sitting on the sofa next to her "like seriously, I went out on a limb because I thought I had seen a different side to him. Clearly I was wrong" I clench my teeth to keep from pulling a face and say "look it happened now and if you don't want to go on another date you don't have to" she considers this for a second and leaps up "you are right" I nod my head.

"Ugh I should just get over him already" she says clearly annoyed with herself and she says "thank you for the coffee" I nod again and smile "I'll leave you to pack" and I watch her go.

Letting out a breath I take my own coffee into my bedroom and continue packing however I don't get far because a few minutes later there is another knock on my door. I open it and it's Alex "Karev? What are you doing here?" I ask I let him in and he takes the mug that was originally for Stevens and downs it all "I went on a date with Izzie" he says placing the mug back down "I heard" I say folding my arms, he takes a step forward as I move around the coffee table. Will I ever get to pack? Probably not.

He glances over to my bedroom, my suitcase on my bed "are you going somewhere?" He asks rather harshly and I nod keeping my arms folded "my sister's baby shower, I'm going to San Francisco for a few days" this seems to make him pause but then he shakes his head. His eyes are dark, as they usually are but there is something in them I can't read and his mouth is in a hard line as though he is questioning what to do before he drops his hand from his face and let's it swing "I was on this date and it was fine, I had a good time I even wanted to kiss her by the end" my stomach drops but I let him continue "but when it came to actually kissing her I-
I couldn't" he lets out a breath of frustration and looks at me deep in the eyes "I couldn't because I wanted to kiss you"

I am shocked by this, my eyes going wide eyed "wha- what are you saying?" I ask and he shrugs putting his hands in his pocket "I wanted to kiss Izzie until I realised she wasn't you" I bite my lip pondering this for a moment, letting silence settle over the room before I look up at him "is it because I am not interested in you?" This makes him pause and I mentally curse myself. Why did I say that? He steps forward "can I kiss you?" He whispers and I take a second to deliberate before I nod softly. Gently Alex cups the back of my neck and tilts my head slightly. I close my eyes letting him draw me in and when he does his lips are on mine with an intensity I have never felt before and suddenly we are making out, acting as though we have never kissed anyone before. Well it feels that way for me.

Quickly he pushes my bedroom door open and we pull away from each other, Karev looks at me as though asking permission and I nod. He pushes the suitcase off the bed, both of us completely forgetting about it as I climb on top of him. He grabs my waist and squeezes gently.

————

The next morning I wake, I am facing the wall and I can hear someone breathing behind me. I turn over to see Karev, naked, limbs sprayed everywhere and his chest rising and falling. Trying not to wake him I climb out of bed and head into my kitchen where I make myself a drink and think about the next move when I realise..... "you slept with an intern" I say to myself and face palm "stupid" I don't hear him enter the room but when he says "tell me that wasn't the best sex you've ever had" he makes me jump and I clutch my chest.

I turn around and glare at him accusingly "Jesus Karev you scared the shit out of me" I say and he chuckles coming over and sitting in the breakfast counter "but seriously" he says pulling a straight face and I roll my eyes "you are so full of yourself" we both laugh and suddenly he pauses "what time is your flight again?" I check the time and curse "shit, half an hour" and I run to my bed room, I stuff a bunch of things i might need in there and rush towards the door chucking my house keeps at him "you can look after my apartment while I'm gone" and I disappear out of the door.

I Chuck my case into the backseat and quickly start my car, if I am late my mother will kill me and no one wants that, well I hope not.

———

I am five minutes away from the airport when the car ahead of me gets pushed back with such force it flips. My heart stops at it comes speeding towards me and I don't break in time, the car flips quickly, and with a crash lands on mine. I hit my head on the wheel and I black out.

When I wake up I gasp for air, I can hear sirens, people talking. I look down, my hands are covered in blood, what the hell happened? There is a throbbing in my head and I reach my hand up to touch it and it comes away with fresh blood. Wincing I shift my weight and manage to get out of my seatbelt, I pull my sleeve up over my hand and brush some of the glass away from the front window. "Ma'am?" A voice says "ma'am? Don't move ok we are going to get you out as quickly as possible" the noise is distant, like it isn't really here.

Slowly I start to climb out of the front of the car, paramedics come round to help me and in the end they are pulling me out. "Hey it's ok" someone says catching me before I fall "there was an accident" I say "how are the others, I'm a doctor" they don't listen to me but take me over to an ambulance to check me out "I'm fine" I say trying to swat them away.

——

When I am delivered at the hospital I see people I recognise but I can't remember their names for a second, "hey this is Andy, Andy is here" one of them shouts, the one with short blonde hair, they all rush over to me and two of them help me down. The paramedic follows us "she was in the car that was crushed under another, we couldn't reach her and she was unresponsive for about 15 minutes before she started pulling herself out. She has a head lack and a possible broke wrist along with a fractured ankle" I start to push away from them "I'm fine seriously"

Meredith comes over and Bailey frowns "Grey, take her in and get her checked page Neuro if you have to" and the blonde takes my hand but Alex comes over "I'll take her in" they all look confused but don't question it and he takes me inside. I sit down on one of the hospital beds where I treat people daily it's my job. I try to get up but Alex pushes me down "stay there I need to get a suture kit so I can stitch up that cut on your head" he tells me and I watch as other people are trailed in on beds. He does do a quick Neuro work up on me. Which I pass because there is nothing wrong.

He comes back over and sits down on a stall in front of me and pull my chin so I look at him "that's a nasty cut" he says as he starts to clean it "I'm fine Alex, you don't have to do this. You are not my boyfriend" I try to swat him away and he sighs pushing my hand away "you're right I'm not. I'm just the guy that made you sleep in late so you got into that accident" I catch Alex's wrist "it wasn't your fault Karev, it happened wether I was there or not, at least I have an excuse not to go to this stupid baby shower" he raises an eyebrow "i thought it was your sisters?" He asks as he continues to stitch me up.

I snort which makes me wince, damn that hurt "doesn't mean I want to go, plus I have a thing" this seems to surprise him but I roll my eyes "am I good to go now?" I ask and he moves away "no we are going to x-ray to see if you have any broke bones, the paramedic said you might and by looking at the others coming in" he looks at me gently "well you got off lucky" I snort "see that's why you should let me go. I can help" but instead he escorts me to X-ray. However before we can get there I get really dizzy and I clutch his arm "woah" I mutter softly, he grabs ahold of me on both arms and looks into my eyes "Andy are you ok?" He asks and I nod wincing slightly in pain "I'm - im fine I just have a - a headache" and then I black out.