Chapter 43

Bella's wedding is in almost a week and I am getting ready to go, of course Alex is coming as my plus one

Bella's wedding is in almost a week and I am getting ready to go, of course Alex is coming as my plus one. My sisters want to meet him. Derek picks me up for work and we head down town to get a something to eat before going in. "How are things with you and Karev?" Derek asks as we step out of the car "oh you know the usual" I say heading to the cafè "heard Meredith keeps bringing in strays" I say trying to avoid the topic of my currently feelings about my relationship.

"Don't even get me started" Derek says and I smile, knowing when he says this he can keep talking for ages. He does just that and only stops talking when we reach Seattle Grace "I've got to go" I say flashing my friend a smile "I've got a surgery at 7" and I rush inside. As I go inside I see Marcus signing paperwork at the main desk, I freeze and he spots me. He finishes his paperwork and comes over, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, I bought him that jacket i muse to myself.

"I'm leaving now Andy" he says "for good" I swallow hard and nod my head "right" I mutter and go to move past him but he grabs my wrist. I flinch. "Andy" he says my name "I'm sorry. I really am" I look up at him, "just leave me alone" I try to yank my hand back but his grip is too strong. "No" he says harshly "you are going to listen to me" my heart drops and I try to pull away again "Marcus you are hurting me" I mutter.

He opens his mouth to say something but suddenly Derek appears, glancing between the two of us "i think that's enough sir" he says, his voice cold. Marcus looks over at Derek and does a once over. Then he drops my hand and steps back "we were just having a friend chat weren't we sweetheart" I clench and unclench my fists "just go Marcus" I say and he does.

When he disappears from view Derek gives me a sympathetic look "are you ok?" He asks and I nod "yeah I'm fine" and I go to my surgery.

——

I spot Mark talking to Lexie and when he spots me he stops and comes over to me. "I heard about your little run in with Marcus" he says folding his arms, I roll my eyes and write some things down in a chart "Derek needs to learn to shut his mouth" Mark sighs and places a hand on my shoulder "no one is expecting you to get over anything that happened between you two. You are allowed to feel"

I push his hand off and change the subject "what were you talking to little Grey about?" Mark goes red and scratches the back of his neck "nothing, she had a question and I answered it" I raise my brows in disbelief and shut the chart "oh yeah?"

He scoffs and follows me down the hall "you know, I wasn't thinking about it before you and Derek said. And now I am thinking about it" I push the door open to the ER "well stop thinking about" I say.

———

Lexie comes bounding up to me like a little golden retriever, her face lit up like a Christmas tree "what's got you in such a good mood?" I ask and she beams at me.

"Guess what" I raise an eyebrow not sure if I want to press any further. Lexie leans in close and whispers "Mark and I had sex" I gasp and pull away. Shutting my chart hard I say "Mark? Sloan?" She nods and I rub my head "Lexie that man is not good for you. He's a man whore and you're. Well you're the sweetest girl I know"

She pulls a face and cocks her head to the side "but you dated him" she points out and I mentally curse myself because she is right. I brush my hair back into a messy ponytail "just be careful, he may be one of my best friends but I also know he isn't the greatest in relationships" she nods her head and adjusts her bangs "we just had sex Andy, it isn't a big deal" she says and bounces away. I watch her as she goes and I know that she isn't telling the truth, I think she genuinely likes him.

"Hey Tareny" Bailey calls to me as I move into another hall, I turn around and watch at the shorter woman comes over to me "what is up with my residents?" She asks folding her arms. I frown and look around "how would I know?" She huffs and looks me up and down "you seem to be involved with them. Friends" I shrug and walk with her.

"Izzie Stevens" Bailey says and I look down at her "I don't know whats wrong her" I answer shortly "if you want to know so badly ask Karev"

——-

I am doing paper work in an abandoned office, keeping my thoughts to myself when Callie comes bursting in "are you ok?" I ask looking concerned at the head of Ortho. She sighs when she stops and runs a hand through her messy hair "I'm fine I just- I had a dream that you- uh it doesn't matter I'm just glad you're ok" I give the woman a worried look and stop what I'm writing and turn to face her. I brush my hair out of my face "you are acting strange" she huffs outs a forced laugh and scratches the back of her neck "am I?" she asks and I nod. She reaches for the door handle and opens the door "I've got to go" she says and I watch as she leaves. What in the world was that about?

Once I'm done with my paperwork I head down to get some lunch. Alex joggs up to me "i was hoping that we could go and get lunch outside of the hospital" he says linking our hands, I smile and look down at them, they fit together perfectly and I can't imagine being with anyone else, although I don't know if he feels the same.

"Sure I don't see why not" I say as we make our way to the entrance it's raining so I put up an umbrella, linking my arm through his. As we walk to the cafe a few blocks away Alex squeezes my hand "is there a specific tie I need to get for your sister's wedding?" He asks and I shake my head "no it doesn't" he opens the door for me and I step inside the room "shouldn't we match?"

I choose a seat by the window and say "no, the bridesmaids are all matching with the others, Bella would throw a fit if you were in the same colour" Alex pulls a face and we have lunch.

"How's Izzie?" I ask taking a bite of a salad, Alex looks up confused as to why I'm asking and he swallows his mouthful of food "she's Izzie, I don't think any of us really know" I point my fork at him "surely you do, I mean the two of you are close"

Alex clears his throat and puts his cutlery down and links his fingers "alright what is it?" He asks, I look around "what's what?" I ask and he shuffles his chair closer to the table "what's you're problem with Izzie?" He clarifies. I shake my head and sit back "there isn't a problem".

He raises his brows "I don't believe that" I frown "every time I mention her name you have a sour look on your face" I look down at my food and push it around my plate "that's not true" I mutter and he scoffs.

"It is, you don't like for some reason" he snaps and I look up "I do, I just don't think you should be running off to help her every time she calls. It feels like you are dating her more then me" I say and my eyes go wide after I said it. He scoffs and leans against the back of his chair "and there is is" I lean forward and try to grab his hand "Alex I didn't mean it. I swear" but he yanks away.

Alex stands up and throw a few notes on the table "you've never seen me once complain about your friendship with Mark" he spits "at least I didn't almost have a baby with Izzie" and I watch as he walks away my mouth agap.