Chapter 37

The alarm blares jogging me from my dream "mmmm" Alex mumbles sleepily and turns to shut off the alarm

The alarm blares jogging me from my dream "mmmm" Alex mumbles sleepily and turns to shut off the alarm. When he turns back he nuzzles into my neck "do we have to get up?" He asks, his voice thick with sleep. Slowly I rake my fingers through his hair and look at the window, light peeping through the curtains "yes, we both have work" I say and Alex groans. He brings his head up and kisses me on the lips gently, I lean into it but he pulls away "we have work" he teases and I pull him towards me "tease" I mutter and we start making out deeply.

His hands trail up my sides sending shoots of electricity through my body, his hands rest on my hips and give them a gently squeeze. Moaning I arch my back into him and we deepen the kiss. Before it can go any further however Izzie bursts in to the room "did you know Derek wants us to move out?" She demands, her head in a towel indicating she just got out of the shower. Groaning Alex breaks our kiss "kind of busy here" he says and I glance over at Izzie who doesn't seem the least bit concerned she just walked in on us "join us if you want" I tease and Alex snorts.

"No!" She says, her eyes going wide and she leaves the room. Alex falls down beside me "I'm going to get ready for work" I say and he says "yep"

——

When I get to the hospital I kiss Alex goodbye and head to the peds floor "hey can you come and look at this case for me?" I ask Callie on my way up. She puts her phone away and says "sure let me take a look" and I hand her the kids file. As she reads it she cringes at some parts "Jesus how did that happen?" She asks handing it back to me "car accident, it looks like his spine is broken" Callie nods and presses the button for the elevator "and both his legs. How old is this boy?" I shrug and put my hands in my lab coat pockets to keep them warm. It's cold today, windy as well which means lots of accidents which means more OR time. "14 decided to take his parents car for a joy ride" I explain as the elevator doors ding open.

Callie snorts and turns to face to doors as they close "fourteen, of course. Guys are stupid at that age" I laugh as well, looking down at my feet "they are stupid at any age"

——

Chief Webber as insisted on a meeting with all of the surgical staff so we make our way down there, Callie and I are still talking about the boy who took the car for a joy ride. We didn't get a chance to see him earlier as one of my patients was crashing and Callie had an ER emergency, thankfully both people survived. "How are you even going to fix his spine?" I ask as we open the doors to the auditorium "possibly a cast, maybe a metal rod. I'll have to see the extent of the injury in person to know for sure" I spot Mark and we go and sit with him.

"What are you two doing tonight?" He asks as we settle into our seats "I'm working" I say and Callie, who is currently inspecting her nails answers "going on a date" we both make a face "with who?" I ask and she shrugs "this guy named Mason" my heart drops for a second before I shake myself out of it. I lean towards her and whisper "is he hot?" She nods "you have to send me a picture" Callie smiles at me "of course"