Chapter 20

George's father is in the hospital, and George has been in a bad way since he came in

George's father is in the hospital, and George has been in a bad way since he came in. I am munching on a croissant as I sit at a nurses station , Alex comes over with his face like a slapped ass "I'm on your service today" he says gruffly and I smile. I finish my croissant and stand up brushing myself off "are you sad that you can't work on plastics with Mark?" I ask sarcastically as I see the look on his face is of annoyance.

We start towards to the peds floor and I put my hands in my pockets to warm them up. It's quite cold today and the lab coats are exactly thick. "It just wasn't what I wanted to do today" Alex says to me, he holds up the door for me as I walk through and I smile "well you are lucky because today we are going in on a wicked surgery" he raises an eyebrow and I shrug "you'll see"  I say.

We meet Bailey and her interns (minus Meredith and Cristina) outside the mystery patients' room and as I open the door we hear a voice from inside "excuse me Doctors, you're going to have to wait a few minutes" the door swings open and inside is a pair of twins, connected at the hips. "He's got to pee. Every five minutes" the one with glasses tells us, pulling a face at his brother "I've always had a small bladder" the other one defends.

They are shuffling their way to the bathroom and I watch Alex's expression of wonder and I smile. I nudge his shoulder with mine "I told you it was cool" I whisper and he smiles at me making my heart flutter. Bailey turns to her interns, they all have their mouths open and she asks "now which one of you thinks that Yang got the better case?" She asks a satisfied smirk on her face and I move further into the room.

Finally the two men are sitting on the bed, Derek and Richard have joined us in the room. "Jake and Peter Weitzman, 35-year-old pygopagus conjoined twins. Attached at the lumbosacral junction" I say presenting the case for the other doctors, I hand Mark my chart and I catch Alex's eye, he mouths "wow" and I smile, covering it with my hand. The twins look up at a us "but not for long, right Doctor Webber?" One of the twins asks, the chief doesn't answer them but counties evaluating "the Weitzmans came in about 6 months ago for a separation procedure. They opted out because of the risks"

The interns, who were making notes pause as one of the Jake says "Pete chickened out" the other patient snorts and rolls his eyes "forgive me for wanting to live longer even if it meant with you" he retorts nastily but it's kind of a back handed compliment. In answer his brother says "well, you wasted 6 months of our lives" us doctors look between each other as we watch these siblings fight. You would think that spending their whole lives next to each other they would learn to get alone, but I guess that's why they are having the split surgery.

"You guys came at the right time. We scored New York's top plastic surgeon" Alex says, he is such a kiss ass, Mark looks up and unsure how to react "Mark Sloan, plastics" Webber says ignoring Alex "and you remember Doctor Shepherd, your Neuro surgeon and this is Doctor Tearney and Doctor Bailey they will help make sure your organs work properly when are separated" they shake our hands and the one without glasses, Jake looks over to me "you're hot" he says and I laugh, his brother hits him and says "she very clearly has a relationship with someone behind us, look at how she is glancing there" I go bright red and shuffle my feet.