Chapter 53

"Guess who" someone says putting their hands over my eyes, I smile "hmmmm Alex?" I ask and he kisses my neck in response "I have a surprise for you" he says uncovering my eyes and standing in front of me

"Guess who" someone says putting their hands over my eyes, I smile "hmmmm Alex?" I ask and he kisses my neck in response "I have a surprise for you" he says uncovering my eyes and standing in front of me. I raise my eyebrows and fold my arms "oh yeah? And what is that?" He smiles brightly and brings forth a pink cardboard box. Hesitantly I open it before looking up and smiling "you got me donuts?" He nods and pecks me on the lips "I know they are your favourite. I've got to go, love you" and he disappears.

I take one of the donuts and bite into it, moaning at the taste of pure heaven in my mouth. Mark comes along then and tries to take one of my donuts, frowning I bat his hand away "hey, get you're grubby hands off my food" Mark looks at me shocked "you always share you're good with me" I shut the lid of the box and move it out of his reach "not now" I say.

Callie comes over, bouncing and with the biggest grin on her face "did you scope her out yet?" She asks Mark, "who?" He answers quickly. Callie pulls a face "Arizona" I see the puzzle pieces click in the man's head "oh, right" he says "no I haven't had a chance to swing by peds and ask the nurse to point out the attending who kissed my friend in a bar bathroom" I snort and Callie peers at the box I'm currently guarding "what you got?" She asks and I open the lid "donuts" I answer and let her take one.

Mark shoots me a look of betrayal and I wink at him playfully "at least your still good for coffee" Callie says going to pick up one of the cups he places down on the desk "not for you" he says rather shortly and he moves it away "coffee. Why thank you, Mark" I say making to grab one and he pulls them away again "that's not for you either" then he takes them and leaves.

We all watch as he makes his way over to Lexie with the coffee outstretched, Callie and I both gasp "I've got a surgery in ten minutes, see you later" I say and dip too. "I heard you are coming into peds" I say to Bailey as I watch her fill out some last minute paper work. She looks up at me for a brief moment before continuing "yes I uh- thought I would try this out" she says unsurely and I smile "that's great, I think you'll be a great peds surgeon" I assure her and continue on my way.

I am sitting in an attending lounge with Derek, I sit on a sofa, case files in my lap when Mark comes in "there he is, the legend himself" I don't even look up as they continue their conversation "how are you legend?" He asks sitting down behind our mutual friend Derek laughs and continues looking at his computer screen "are you drunk?" He asks "should I be worried about you?" I snort and turn a page on my file "it's Mark freaking Sloan, of course you have to be worried"

Mark shoots me a 'shut up' look before turning back "he's got his sense of humour back. How's your patient" I look up and narrow my eyes wandering what kind of game this man is currently playing. Derek is writing on a pad of paper "she's good" he answers "todays the first day in a long time that I remember what is feels like to be good at my job" He stops talking and peers into the donut box "can I have one?" He asks and I nod my head.

"You?" Mark asks "come on, you're like the Dalai Lama of surgery. People from all over the world come to let you cut into them. Know what else? You look good doing it. I like the facial hair by the way" I snort and stretch my legs out across the sofa "I don't, I think it's stupid" I flash Derek a playful smile and he rolls his eyes in return.

Mark then gets a very serious face on "Derek, there's something we need to discuss" he says and I know what he about to tell him but Derek has no clue as he says "go ahead and have sex with Addison" I almost choke on my drink "Addison? I don't want to have sex with Addison" Mark says and Derek finally looks over at his friend "really? What did you want to discuss?" He asks hesitant now.

Mark freezes and says "nothing" I smile at how nervous he is, like an adolescent again. Derek gets up off of the chair and grabs his lab coat "ok" he says simply and when he leaves I loose it and start laughing "you chickened out of telling Derek about Lexie" I say and Mark leans over and attempts to hit me but misses "you are such a coward" I say getting up and closing my files.

As I walk across the bridge I see Derek and Mark talking and I wander if Mark finally had the guts to tell him about Lexie. Then Derek punched him, Mark keeps talking and Derek punches him again, then Mark punches him back. Ok I need to break this up now before they break their hands "hey Mark, what the actual fuck?" I ask getting closer to them, he turns to face me just as Derek launches himself at Mark and they both fall to the ground "you have got to be kidding me" I mutter shaking my head at the stupidity of these two grown ass men.

Owen appears beside me "I don't even know" I say before he can ask what's happening "help?" I ask and he nods, he tries to pull Mark away and when he is successful I stand in front of him "what the hell was that?" I ask and Addison and Meredith walk past us towards Derek. Mark rubs his jaw "I told him about Lexie and he punched me" I fold my arms and raise my eyebrow "and you thought the best way to solve the issue was to punch him back?" I ask and he goes red "maybe"

"Let's go and get you cleaned up idiot" I say dragging Mark away, "I had to tell him Andy" Mark says as I find us an empty room so I can clean him up "I had to tell him about Lexie, it's the only way we can be together and I want to be with her" I smile and make him sit down. I grab a suture kit and start at his wounds "it's sweet that you did that for her" I say gently as I page Callie to come and look at Mark's hand "I've never seen you like this with someone, even me and I'm pretty special" we both laugh and he looks up at me "do you believe in soulmates?" He asks and I shrug, focusing on my work on his face "I don't know, maybe" I admit "what I have with Alex, it isn't anything like I've ever felt before and I'm guessing it's the same with you and Lexie. I think I also believe in platonic soulmates"

Mark scoffs doubtfully "platonic?" He asks and I nod, he hisses as I clean a cut on his forehead "you and Derek are my platonic soulmates. My best friends" Callie appears in the door way and I let her continue wanting to go and catch Alex before I leave and say a thank you for the donuts I a way I am sure he will enjoy.....