Chapter 50

The next day I go into work early, well I only get three hours of sleep since I'm going a 24 hour shift starting at 1

The next day I go into work early, well I only get three hours of sleep since I'm going a 24 hour shift starting at 1. Alex came in straight from dropping me off to look after the little boy who's organs he went to get yesterday, which turned out to be a bust. I have a coffee in my hands as I enter the hospital, Callie comes up to my with the biggest grin on her face "I have something to show you" she says and steers me in the other direction, I ask her "what's going on?"but she doesn't answer me.

Instead Callie Torres leads me towards one of the many on call rooms and opens the door. I peer inside, Lexie is sitting on the floor looking horrified with a sheet wrapped around her body while lying on the bed is Mark wincing in pain and clutching his 'area'. I look between the two, a smile growing on fast on my face "what the hell hap-" Mark raises a finger "don't. Laugh. At. Me" and that makes me burst out laughing. Lexie goes red and Mark cries in agony "I'm going to get Derek" Callie says and disappears from view.

"How did this even happen?" I ask putting a hand on my mouth trying to keep laughing but I fail miserably, "we were uh-" Lexie tries but gets embarrassed and shuts up. Mark rests his head down on the pillow behind him and I leave them to give them some privacy.

"Bailey?" I ask walking down the OR hallway, she looks ill "Doctor Bailey, are you alright?" I ask her. She just stares into space, like she isn't really here and I place a hand on her shoulder "Miranda" I call but still no answer. She steps away from me and into an OR. I see Arizona walk past, on her way out of surgery "hey Robbins" I say and jog to catch up with her.

"What's up with Bailey?" I ask and she shrugs, we are the same height although she always seems taller "Jackson, the little boy with liver and intestine failure. It looks like he is going to die and she is getting too attacked" I frown and cross my arms. "She has been treating him for three years" I point out and the blonde nods her head "right I just don't think there is room for emotions in a case like this. You work in peds you get it right?" I shake my head, seriously taken aback "no I don't get it. Emotions is exactly what we need because our patients our children" I say and storm off.

I get paged to see one of my patients who has been rapidly declining and my mind wanders to Lexie and Mark. I never would have pictured them together but they do seem to work and I'm glad they have each other now. Although Mark is probably not thinking that right now as his penis is broken. I'm curious but at the same time don't want to know.

I am sitting in the gallery of an OR, doing some paper work where the interns are sitting and watching the surgery. They are talking about Mark Sloan, of course "I heard it was this physical therapist from the rehab floor" one of them says, sparking the conversation "who does this fancy yoga thing, where she like turns herself into a pretzel while she's on top of a guy" the guy next to him, his polar opposite scoffs "she quit two weeks ago" h tell him.

"I thought it was Torres" a dark skinned woman admits and then the intern next to her, a smirk plastered on his face says "well whoever it was is going down in Seattle Grace history. Sloan is a legend. Can you imagine the kind of muscle it takes to break a man like that?" Everyone starts laughing and Lexie finally snaps "shut up!" She says cutting through the air like a knife "just shut up about it!"

Everyone goes silent and he sits forward "you know something" he says and everyone stares at her. Lexie starts stuttering so I sit forward and say "I know that it's nobody's business" one of the guys further along the row smirks "she knows something. Did you see somebody come out of the room?" They all ignore me and I clench my jaw "maybe it was her" The other girl offers.

Lexie looks over at her "what?" She asks, to stop things escalating further I jump in again "it was me. Ok? It was me. I do this twist and shout thing that blows most guys' minds; and I guess I twisted a little too far, and almost took the whole thing off. Ok?" They all look up at me in awe and a few of the guys nudge each other.

"Aren't you with Alex Karev though?" The girl points out and i mentally curse myself "since when was it your job to question attending's?" I snap and they all shut up. Lexie gives me a brief grateful look and I wink at her, telling her she isn't alone when dealing with idiots like those.

I fall into a bed in the on call room and a few minutes later the door opens and Alex comes in. He climbs into bed with me and I curl up in his side "why am I hear you broke Sloan?" He asks and I chuckle "I was covering for Lexie, she looked like she was going to throw up and the other interns were teasing her" I explain. I look up at Alex and he traces my face with his hands "you are kind Andy. Too kind" he kisses me and I run my hands over his chest "I love you Alex Karev" I say after we part, he opens his mouth to say something but he gets paged.

He looks down at it and sighs, "it's Izzie I gotta go" I nod and kiss him again "I might actually get some sleep now" I joke and he pushes me lightly. I watch as Alex leaves before turning over and falling to sleep.