Chapter 41

I have just come out of an on call room after sleeping when I see Alex "hey" I say jogging to catch up to him "thanks for the chocolates the other night" I say and he smiles, linking our arms "of course Andy" he says and kissing me deeply

I have just come out of an on call room after sleeping when I see Alex "hey" I say jogging to catch up to him "thanks for the chocolates the other night" I say and he smiles, linking our arms "of course Andy" he says and kissing me deeply. "Alright love birds that's enough" Bailey says breaking us up and Alex gives me a puppy dog look "I'll see you later?" I ask and he nods "movies at my place"

I go upstairs to check on a couple of patients "how's it going T?" I ask the teenage girl in room 173, Tiana is a mixed race girl that has cancer and she is on a new drug trial "good, a bit tired and my feet were tingling earlier" she says as I pick up her chart. Scanning through it I nod my head absently "your sure you are doing ok?" I ask and she nods her head "yeah I am I-" but she gets cut off before she can say anything as she starts convulsing and I press the emergency button.

I lower her bed so she is lying down and call "I need a crash cart. Now!" And I start to do compressions. When a crash cart finally comes I grab the paddles "clear!" I say and press them down, her body moves but her heart doesn't pick up "come on Tiana" I mutter to myself, trying again. Thankfully after 3 more tries I manage to get her heart going again and I let out a huge breath "alright, I want checks on her half an hourly and I want a chest CT" and I head out of the room to my next patient.

——-

I try to find some of the interns, I need labs run for me and I make my way to the basement although I don't know why they would be there. I find a room and peer inside, the interns are all in there so I push open the door, looking down at my notes "hello, I need someone to run these labs and pull these X-rays, please" I ask nicely looking up.

Lexie practically jumps out of her skin and everyone looks sprightly afraid "will do" a dark skinned man says and stands up. I scan the room for a moment "this looks like a cool place to hang out" I muse "what are you guys doing?" Lexie also gets up and comes over.

Face to face with me she says "this is for interns, it's our hangout. Go find your own" I raise an eyebrow, shocked that Lexie has spoke to an attending like this never mind me. They all look at me with the same unblinking stare "sorry" I say throwing my hands up and I head on my way.

"Make sure those results are handed to me and only me do you understand?" I order the intern and he nods his head rapidly "good go" I say and make my way back upstairs.

—-

"What have you found?" I ask my resident coming back up to the peds floor, he starts walking with me and shows me the CT "she has a mass" I say before he can answer my question "it must be the new drugs" I push the door to Tiana's room and she is sitting there with her parents, none of them looking to happy.

"What is it doc?" Tiana asks looking up from her phone. She has been a long standing patient of mine, even moved hospitals when I moved to Seattle and I have a special connecting with this girl.