Chapter 15: Unforeseen

Despite being slightly convinced of what Dr. Lurey had said, I shook my head and laugh it off. He's not even sure so why would I let myself be convinced by it.

"There you go again with your theory. I thought you are a merchant now but still, you are acting as a scientist."

"I'm still a scientist. I still invent things. Just not for the mages." He looked around. "Come on. I have to show you something."

I just shrugged, knowing I still have plenty of time before I need to come back to the headquarters. He went behind his desk and then pressed something underneath. It was then; the wooden floor behind him opens up like a trapdoor and then a metal-like sliding door opens, revealing a staircase leading to what seems like an underground room. We went down the stairs and as soon as we stepped to the floor, the two trapdoors closed automatically. We continue to walk through the short hallway, running my hands on the cold metal walls until we stopped in front of a metal door. There seems to be a code for it to open so Dr. Lurey pressed the codes first and viola, the door opens.

"Welcome to my treasure room." He said grinning, except that the things inside the room weren't treasures but weapons.

The room was small but large enough to store more than fifty weapons. Weapons were hanging on walls like swords, daggers, spears, and quivers. Some were on the wooden shelves and the others were stored inside a huge glass cabinet that stood in the middle of the room.

I looked at Dr. Lurey and gave him a satisfied smirk.

"I see you still have some of your works back in the headquarters." I walked towards the glass cabinet. "The mages didn't like it?"

"Some of them didn't like it and some weapons aren't compatible with the other mages."

I smiled. "They're all wonderful, by the way."

"I knew you're gonna like it. You've always been a fan of my works." He took a step forward and tap the glass cabinet twice. "I made something for you a long time ago and I kept it here."

He opens the cabinet containing a scythe, dagger, sickle, cube, sword, and a bow. He took the sword from the cabinet and then gave it to me.

I took it from him and started to examine the sword. It was lightweight and easy to use. Even when I rotated it around, it felt like I wasn't holding something. Its guard was in a shape of a straight line, and the pommel and peen block in a shape of a snowflake was made of gold. The steel sword had a 30-inch blade length, and there was a pattern of a flame symbol carved in it.

"You're giving this to me?"

"When you were 9, the first weapon that you pick was a sword and you became very good at it." He traced his fingers on the blade and pommel. "You were still a Glaze at that time so I carved your family symbol on this sword that I made for you."

"I'm not a Glaze anymore but it would be a waste not to accept this." I softly chuckled. "Thanks."

"Good." He reached down at the bottom of the cabinet and when he pulled it, it revealed a large drawer. There were three scabbards inside and he took one out of the drawer that also has flame symbol carvings.

"Anyway, who did you make these for?" I ask, about the other swords on the cabinet as I put the sword to the scabbard.

"I made it for the mages but I decided not to show it to them because I thought it was my beat creation. The scythe, dagger, and sickle was made for those who have superhuman strength since it could withstand anything strong as it is created with Titanium." He explained and then grabbed the cube. "This cube is the best one for me. It is capable of morphing from another weapon to another one. The moment you pressed the red button, it will spread all over your whole torso and the technology will connect through your brain. It was specifically designed to blend with your body and it will completely disappear from anyone's sight when you are in a battle. I tested it on one of the mages before and when the power is activated, no matter what kind of magic you have, you can create different weapons from your bare hands exactly like how you pictured it inside your mind. It can also work as a shield."