Chapter 50: Beginning after the end

(Third Person Point of View)

"There's still another celestial alive," Vandris said and muttered a curse under his breath.

"He did a great job of hiding his presence," Aeryn said as she looked at a building from a far distance and that's when she got to see a glimpse of the armies coming to Earth. "We have to kill the King of demons and close the portal."

"I'll find the celestial and you close the portal." Vandris turned to her and met her gaze. "Or you know, whatever you think is right."

"Let's just do it. But be careful, the King of demons has powerful dark magic and could control your mind with ease."

"What do I have to do?"

"Think about me." He confusedly tilted his head. "Think about me and I'll save you from his control if he tries to get inside your head."

He grinned. "Good thing I always do that."

Aeryn just snickered and rolled her eyes. Before they separated from each other, she gave him a small smile before teleporting to a location where she could finally feel the presence of the portal. When she arrived there, the demons who had just come out of the portal turned their heads to her.

The demons have the head of a bird's skull, only it is big-like the size of a lion's head and it has two spiral horns. The demon stands a foot taller than her, has long arms, and has the feet of a huge horse. Its body was covered-from its neck to feet-with black fur. And it has claws with four fingers.

Thriares is what they are called. They lived in forests, changing their form into innocent-looking deers and then changing their appearance once their victims are in front of them. After that, they would cut off their victim's head with their bird-like heads and eat it.

The demons cawed and she summons a rope dart, a weapon made with a long rope and has a metal dart to one end. Before they could even attack her, she swirls along with the weapon-the tip burning the demons whenever it hit them. The weapon glows continuously as she kills them. She rotated the rope dart, throwing it in every direction and every second countless demon turned to ashes until there were no more thriares left inside the building. She pulled back the rope dart and then threw it towards the portal hitting the demon that attempted to go beyond the portal. Without burning the demon, she pulled it to her before grasping its neck tightly.

The demon struggles from her grip and she stops him from moving so it would be easy for her to hold the demon. The demon speaks in their language and Aeryn was able to understand it clearly.

"Doom! Doom! Doom!" The demon chanted and she smirks.

"Yeah. You're fucking doomed." She said before grabbing its neck along with its flesh. After the rest of its body burns to ashes, she took out the bone from the flesh and lift her hand that was holding the flesh.

She closed her hand and opens it again, revealing the flesh turning into black dust. But then, when she blows on it, the dust came flying towards the portal while it glows in yellow. The dust then clings to every edge of the portal, waiting for what Aeryn was going to do.

"Estrael ed zara hyros." She whispered in the air. "Close the portal."

With her command, immediately the portal closes and not even a mark or traces of the portal were seen on the wall.