Chapter 37: The golden scroll

Not long after the demon orb was destroyed and I had plenty of rest to aid my exhausted body, I had a grand meal with the King and-of course-the Prince, Vandris. The servants wanted to dress up according to what I wanted but there were only dresses in the wardrobe where I was staying, said the royal families have been accustomed to wearing formal clothes and dresses.

"I'll just wear that one," I said, pointing to the silver dress. "And I can dress up myself, by the way."

"But we still have to do your hair, Lady Aeryn." One of the servants bat her natural long eyelash at me as she spoke.

"Oh." I looked at my hair, down and somewhat unruly. "Oh yeah, sure. But I'll do the dress, okay?"

The servants made a slight bow while smiling and let me do what I want. I immediately wore the dress that I didn't expect was so tight on the part of my chest, that my breast peeking from the neckline was clear evidence that it was indeed tight. I don't like wearing a dress. I prefer to wear pants, simple shirts, or a bodysuit outfit whenever I am on a mission. I like it comfortable, even when I'm meeting someone important or I'm strolling around the area.

But well, if I'm going to eat with the King, I guess I have to wear something like this. Although, I had hoped they had pants no matter what it looks like. It's the elf's tradition to wear dresses, unless they are training or in a war.

"Lady-"

"Just Aeryn." I beamed at her. "Just call me Aeryn, please."

It's not like we're in the 1800s or something. I finished tying the ribbon on my back and sighed. After that, I went out of the screen divider and looked at myself in the long-standing mirror. One of the servants made my hair into a half braid and pinned my hair with a silver rose hairpin.

Vandris entered the room not long after that. He was wearing a white long sleeve under a black vest with some accessories pinned to it, and black pants that were paired with black boots that has some weird silver patterns. He looks like a dashing prince, going out to fetch some princess from another kingdom. The servants immediately left upon his arrival.

"The corset is too tight," I complained.

He leans on the door frame, crossing his arms over his chest while staring at me, and chuckled.

"Looks like it," he remarked. "But I could get used to this view."

I rolled my eyes, completely understanding what he meant. I pushed him to the side and stepped out of the room. He immediately followed me in hurried footsteps.

"You look beautiful."

"Yeah, I know," I said sighing as I left the skirt of the dress so I could walk comfortably.

"Why are you barefoot?"

"I don't want to wear the heels."

He stood by my side and then carefully grabbed my waist. I looked at his hands and then looking at his face.

"What?" I asked.

"It's just a few minutes. We're gonna eat with my father and then let's go out to change your clothes. Hmm?" He smiled at me. "There's not anything else here but dresses for you."

"Okay." I nodded.

I stopped walking and stared deeply into his mesmerizing blue eyes that remind me of the late Queen's painting. He got his mother's eyes and his facial features that make him look like a good and innocent person. I can't believe he's the same one I have been dreaming about. Although it's been like a year since I have dreamed about him, I could still remember his face.