Epilogue I

(Third Person Point of View)

All of the dark creatures stopped attacking the humans after the lord of the abyss had lost its power as a celestial. When there are no more celestials left to command them of bringing mayhem to the other worlds, the dark creatures are set to come back to their world—waiting for the new celestials to lead them.

Aeryn greeted the morning sun with a glint in her eyes, tears coming down nonstop. She wanted to go to Jonah but there were still some things she needed to do.

After they left the abyss world, she spread her arms and multiple rays of golden light appeared behind her. The rays then travel like a glowing root to the soil until it reaches the entire battlefield. She closed her eyes and with the roots touching the creature's skin, she commanded them to go back to their world.

Her entire body glows and it didn't fade away until the last creatures went through the portal. She closed the portal and the feeling of heavyweight hovers over her again.

"Azer's gone."

Aeryn sat on the sand, hugging her knees and staring at the waves of the ocean. Jonah sat beside him and he didn't speak after hearing what she said.

But words from him weren't needed. She could feel his emotions. She can hear his thoughts. She can feel his regrets. And before it could hurt her more, she blocked herself out of Jonah's mind.

"Come here," Jonah spoke softly and carefully grabbed her wrist. Aeryn looked at him in confusion but let him pull her towards him.

Jonah immediately wrapped his arms around her and caressed her back. She buried her face in his shoulder and closed her eyes as she felt the pain coming back.

"I'm sorry." She said and Jonah shooked his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. You have done your best and Azer would have been proud of what you have done for these people."

"H-He's the only father I have and now he's gone."

He pulled away from the hug and he smiled at her before cupping her cheeks.

"He's not really gone, Aeryn." He pointed to her chest. "He will live here forever."

Her brows almost met in the middle and her lips are slightly pouting as she stops herself from crying. She's happy that Jonah was here but she can't help herself but feel disappointed that after everything that happened, she couldn't do anything to bring Azer back. Because even she tries, something else will be taken away from her and she can't afford to lose someone again. There will always be consequences to every action.

Jonah squeezed her hands tightly and it was enough to make her realize again that he was still there beside her, whom she can love and protect until her last breath.

"Let's stay together." She sucked in a heavy breath. "I'm sure that's what Azer wants for us."

He smiled. "I won't leave."

Lossing Azer tore the other half of her heart, but she knows she still has her family. Jonah, her brothers in their organization, and Vandris. She won't be okay for a while, but she will be in the future. Although it would be different now, she has to face reality and accept it.

All of the dead bodies on the battlefield were taken care and the surviving humans gave them a proper burial. Aeryn and Jonah personally initiated Azer's burial and buried him amongst the other fallen heroes.

Aeryn and Jonah stayed for a while but after a council member of Thanatos Organization called on Jonah, he has no choice but to leave. Aeryn stayed and as the wind blows her hair, Vandris appears beside them and lays a flower on Azer's headstone.