Chapter 49: Mayhem awaits

(Third Person Point of View)

It gave her hope seeing that even though the number of enemies is much greater than their army, humans continue to fight for their lives and others.

They teleported to the battlefield and right after that, the blade of Aeryn's sword shines through the night as it hit flesh to flesh of the dark creatures. She leaped, and there was a golden light trailing her feet, and when she landed on the ground with the sword piercing a beast's chest, the light exploded into bits.

In a split second, Aeryn was able to slay countless monsters and beasts as she glided through the crowd of dark creatures. Then, she spread her palm, resting on the side and the light from her hand began to form into something—revealing a golden bow. Automatically, a quiver full of arrows appeared in her back.

She summons out her sword, disappearing in a blink of an eye and pulls out three arrows with a gold tip, and uses her bow to shoot three demons charging in her direction. The arrows light up in gold and when they hit the demons, they immediately spread throughout the demon's bodies before they were burned down alive.

Vandris lowered his sword with a huff and stared at Aeryn. She was so beautiful to look at that he just keeps looking at her while he was fighting against the dark creatures.

"I appreciate your admiration, love," Aeryn spoke turning to him. "But we'll have more important things to do. I don't see the celestial beings."

He shook his head with a soft chuckle.
"They're probably with the abyss." He replied. "You can't feel their presence?"

"It's not easy. It's deteriorating."

"But can you look for them?"

"Yeah."

He smiled. "I'll give you time. I'll cover you."

Aery nodded. Her bow and quiver disappear like a speck of dust and as she kneeled on the ground, her hands glowed. She closed her eyes and push both of her palms down to the ground. Immediately, the light from her palm travels to the soil looking like glowing roots traveling far from where they are.

It continues to spread throughout the entire battlefield, running faster through the soil, until it reaches the vicinity where the ruined buildings stand. It was so fast that a few minutes after, the light spreads around the globe. Most of the humans and creatures noticed the glow on the ground but it quickly disappear, just as they were curious about what it was.

When Aeryn stood up, Vandris faced her after fighting against the enemies—covering her. Then, she turned in the direction where they can see a ruined city.

"They're in that place?" Vandris asked.

"Some of them." Aeryn shrugged. "The Queen of darkness is here on the battlefield."

"Only heard of her once. What is she?"

"She is a celestial that can create a dominion world where she entraps and kill her victims there." She flexes her arms. "Her magic is lightning, except it's black. Her dominion world is white so you can easily see her lightning—not unless, of course, she changes the color of the surroundings. She can also create her armies with her black bolt of lightning."

"That would be tricky." Vandris shrugged. "How can we defeat her?"

"We'll use some shield." Aeryn looked at him and tell him the rest of the plan.

When they began to move to go to the Queen of darkness, Aeryn continue to find the abyss lord. Her forehead creased, having a bad feeling about it, and turned her head to the ruined city while she was running.