Chapter 48: Reclaimed hope

(Third Person Point of View)

There's not a second that Vandris had wasted before he carried Aeryn's body. Her head was leaning on his chest and her right arm was hanging as she had no life anymore to control her body.

It was both Carter and Caleb who found Vandris carrying Aeryn's body and when they walked in their direction, they immediately noticed her condition.

"What the hell happened?" Caleb asked and turned to Carter. "You stay here and I'll go with Casper."

"Bro, come on."

"Listen to your brother for once, Carter." Caleb gave Carter a soft glare. "Go."

Carter let out a sigh and glanced at Aeryn. "Make sure you bring her to father. He told me about something I forgot but I think he'll be able to help Aeryn."

"Thank you, brother," Vandris said as he teleported near the portal along with Caleb.

"So, what happened?" Caleb asked again.

"I don't know."

"You don't know. But your vision is connected to her."

"What the fuck do you want me to do? We were in the vicinity and I can only sense her magic presence." He cursed again as they went beyond the portal and appeared the next second in Alteshar. "I don't know what happened. It might be the lord of the abyss whom she had fought against when I felt her intense magic energy."

"And it's the abyss lord that got her heart?"

"Most probably. But she's not dead, I believe." He let out a heavy sigh as he looked down at Aeryn. "Not if we can't find a way to revive her."

They waited for the minute to pass before they teleported inside the castle, giving their teleportation skill a few moments to rest before using it.

"Where's Father?" Carter asked as they ran through the corridor.

"I already send him a message. He will come right away." Caleb looked at him, his face slightly drenched with blood and his knuckles bruised and bleeding. "What happened to your face?"

"Fought with Aeryn. She lost herself after her heart was gone."

"Olys Aoleo."  Caleb sighed, muttering the words they call whenever a creature—especially humans—has their heart taken by a demon and would be tainted with evilness. While some survived, some don't.

Upon arriving at the large underground chamber, where in the middle, there is a crystal bed suspended in the air with a clean white cloth covering it and tiny dust of lights surrounding the frame of the bed.

Vandris carefully put Aeryn down on the bed and immediately clean the wounds on her face and arms with a wet cloth. 

"Caleb." The King spoke when he arrived, staring at Aeryn on the bed. "Go to the royal vault and find your mother's chest."

He immediately obliged and left the chamber after that. Caleb went to another secret underground chamber where he could find the royal vault, containing the ashes of late Queen Vanesa, her jewels and weapons, and a chest no one knew about.

He walked through the dimmed corridor until he arrived in front of a metallic door that has a symbol carved in the middle of it. It was a white dragon, red phoenix, silver chimera, and brown griffin circling the sun. It was said by the moon witches that the symbol was a prophecy that would happen a thousand years after they had a vision of the symbol. Caleb now knew what it meant.

Immediately, Caleb entered the chamber and set her eyes on the small chest residing above his mother's golden urn. He grab it from the shelf and took one last glance at her mother's urn before he teleported back to the underground chamber.