Epilogue II

(Aeryn Glaze Point of View)

For some strange and despicable reason, I let Snow and Flint entered my world after Ailene, my biological mother died. I took back my passion again for working for the organization and I don't know if Jonah's playing on me or was trying to piss me off, but he always give me tasks and assignments that would give me no choice but to pair up with either Snow or Flint.

They were dedicated to their job, of course, and I don't have any complaints about that. We were knitting back our relationship as siblings but it doesn't mean I have to be with him 24/7.

"I know you're doing this on purpose." I rolled my eyes at Jonah as he sat behind his desk, looking like a big-time boss.

He chuckled and glanced at me.
"But it's going perfectly, right? You needed more push so you could be closer to them."

I rolled my eyes as I slumped on the couch, putting my feet over the table.

"How are you and Snow?"

He glanced at me with a frown.
"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you guys dating?"

"No, we're not." He grimaced. "She's your sister and I'm your brother. I'm only making friends with them because they're your family."

"You look good together, though. And you guys are not blood-related so it doesn't matter."

"Snow is a friend."

"And so is Amber and yet you dated her."

I cocked a brow in his direction and he let out a sigh.

"It was my mistake. Amber is still too young and yet—"

"Young? She's 25. And why would you say it was a mistake? Didn't you love her?"

"I do. It's just..." He sighed again.

"You told me you were gonna find a wife if this world would turn back to normal. How are you going to do that if you stick your ass on your swivel chair and won't go out of your office unless it's business or you have an assignment?" I put down my feet from the table and walked towards the desk. "You're gonna die single if you continue to do that."

"I don't mind."

I groaned.
"You know what, I'm gonna find you a wife. Someone who would get through your thick skull and cold heart. The air listens to me and so does destiny." I stretch out my hand to him and when I opened my hand, a diamond ring was already on my palm. "I think you're gonna need this someday."

He stared at it for a moment before letting out an exasperated sigh. He took the ring from my palm and looked at it closely.

"Is this even real or just some kind of magic?"

I gave him a sheepish smile. Good thing, he knows that I still have my magic or it would have been difficult for me to hide the truth from everyone.

"Jonah, I can make anything I put my mind to. And that ring is pure diamond so don't ever lose it or I'm gonna kill you."

"You're such a pain in the ass," Jonah mumbled and I chuckled.

I walk to the couch, hoping I could get some rest from my tiring day of investigating someone from the government when Flint came inside the office.

"Boss." He greeted Jonah and turned to me. "Good thing, you're here. Snow was looking for you. Said she wanted to visit father's graveyard with you."

"Right now?"

"I think so."

I let out a sigh and stood up from the couch. I reached for the doorknob and before I left Jonah's office, I did a salute to him. I immediately searched for Snow's presence and when I found her, I teleported to a corner while being invisible and just show myself after I made sure no one was around.