Chapter 25: Master plan

Prophecies have existed only in stories and myths in the human realm even after Earth has become a planet where living beings possess power. Hundred years have already passed since the great war and never once did we ever encounter any prophecy or any such aside from the former seer's vision of the future. So no one can't blame me if it was hard for me to believe what Vandris had said. I would have just laughed it off, thinking it was some kind of a ridiculous joke, but then he had a serious expression and it felt so inappropriate at that moment to laugh.

I let out a long sigh then pursed my lips. I scratched the side of my head, not knowing what to do as I stood before him.

Elves are different from humans. Magic, war, creatures, prophecies, and other magical things must have been normal for them since the moment they were born. So I could not say if he was lying or telling the truth to me. I mean, why would I be in a prophecy, in the first place?

"Before anything else, I have a question."

"What is it?"

I crossed my arms across my chest.

"How did you know my name?"

"Y-Your name?"

"Yeah." I tilted my head, remembering something. "And...you said something earlier about me inheriting my mother's ability but I didn't even mention anything about it."

"That's b-because–"

"Your seer had seen it, too?" I took a step towards him, crossing the gap between us. "Because something is telling me you're not being completely honest with me."

He subtly avoided my eyes so I carefully grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer to me. Because of what I did, he was forced to look at me, and his bright blue eyes now stared directly at me, our gap dangerously close.

"You're gonna regret it if you keep on lying to me, Mister. So tell me the truth."

I expected him to avoid answering my question and then just decide to spout anything but the truth. But then, he smirked down at me and put his hand over my hand that was holding the grip of his collar. Softly, he removed my hand off him and pull me, our bodies now making contact.

"Since you're so curious, I'm gonna be honest with you." He said as I feel my heart pounding crazily fast. "The prophecy is not a lie. The seer has seen a vision about you, and that's the truth. But the rest of it..."

"What?" I whispered.

"Well..." He grinned and tilted his head. "I've been hearing your thoughts since the moment we met."

"What?" My eyes widen in shock and I pushed him off me and abruptly pulled my hand from him. "You've been reading my mind?"

"Yeah, sorry. I just can't help it."

Sorry? I rolled my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. This fucker.

"I'm fucking outta here."

"Wait–"

I slapped his hand before it would hold me and looked at him with a glare.

"Just stop! I believe you when you said I can kill those fucking chiroufs and that I possessed some powerful shit. But this...whatever you are saying, it's too much to bear and I can't hear about it anymore." I sucked in a harsh breath. "And what? I'm in a prophecy? Don't give me that crap. And where is this prophecy you are talking about? Where can I see it? Where can I read it? And don't tell me it's on Alte-fucking-shar because I'm never going with you."

Damn it. Alright. Maybe, I believe in him but that doesn't mean I will leave my home, leave my family and come with him to land I never even knew existed. Maybe, it doesn't even exist. I mean, yes he has an elf of a friend but that's just it.