Chapter 8 - Secrets

Chapter 8 - Secrets

"No, you are not coming into work yet!" I said sternly to Jasper as he attempted to leave the bed after a mere three weeks of being away from work.

"I need to go back to work, Scarlett!" He yelled angrily as I shook my head.

"I know you want to, but you need to rest," I said softly.

"Scarlett!" He sighed dramatically.

"On Friday, I won't be checking in on you until the evening. I'm due to attend something."

"And what might that be?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Oh, y'know, just a court case for my mentally disturbed father.

"A meeting," I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Does Haynes know about the scar?" He asked after a minute's silence.

"Mr Queen, I -"

"I want the truth, Scarlett."

"He hasn't even seen them yet." I said quietly.

"Them?" He repeated loudly.

Crap on a shït sandwich. (A/N: What up Drillbit Taylor reference!)

"I had best be going now," I announced standing up.

"Sit back down right now and explain." He got out of his bed and sat on the chair opposite me.

"Mr Queen, please -"

"No! I am not having that. I swear to God, I will fire you if you don't tell me what the hell happened!" He snapped glaring at me.

"Get some rest, Mr Queen. I'll see you later on." I said rolling my eyes before attempting to leave.

"I was nearly killed because of you, who's to say it won't happen again?" He smirked evilly.

"Mr Queen," I gasped as he continued smirking.

"Well?"

I slowly walked up to his bed, removed my jacket and sat opposite him.

"When... When I was around seven, my father, he..."

I stopped, not knowing how to tell him that my father was in fact a psychopathic, deranged excuse of a man.

"I... I really don't want to talk about it." I said quietly.

"Your father did this, didn't he?" He asked menacingly.

"Which is the reason I won't be seeing you till late on Friday. I'm due to attend court."

"I am coming, too." He declared, also standing up.

"Are you insane?" I yelled at him putting my hands on my hips. "There are floods of photographers and reporters currently hounding this entire building still trying to find out what happened in Paris and you don't think that turning up in court will allow them to make up vile stories about you?"

"I couldn't care less, Scarlett," he smiled easily as he sunk back into his bed.

"Well, I do. Stay in bed and rest. I'll bring you some dinner for later when I come by. I'll see you later, Mr Queen." I pulled up the black silk sheets of his bed which smelt absolutely divine.

Of him.

His musky, sexy aroma.

Goddamnit, I really need to stop doing that.